• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Is Biden Helping Build Russia-Germany Pipeline After Axing Keystone XL Here at Home?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have not given any indication that the pipeline was not 90% completed when Trump inherited it. Maybe it stayed 90% completed throughout his entire term, because of the sanctions. You are only supporting my initial claim.

And the initial claim was that if Trump enabled it, the narrative would have been "is a really good thing for Russia!".

Everybody knows it.
Well concidering that the pipeline is now 95% complete a whole 5% more than January are you seriously saying ZERO work was done on the pipeline when Trump was in charge?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@Taleweaver Thanks for real facts.

How about you start with leaving the goal post where it's at. Your main idea was that Biden was at fault.

My main idea was that the media is propaganda and would have attacked Trump if he was the one who waived sanctions. Not that Biden is bad, even though it does appear that he is throwing America under the bus. As for the other thing, Amanda logic is always an interesting diversion.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: cucholix
D

Deleted User

... The fact is, if I were 90% finishing and she told me a baby wasn't the best thing for our future, I would still have the ability to pull out of the deal.

The bigger picture is that this is what Politics is all about; Spin and portraying one Faction's Interests as being the Greater Good.

Nothing new to be enraged about.
As a Eurasian, my whole Ancestry was fed this for centuries and, in Popular Gaming Culture, we still have waves of Video Games portraying a glorified Vietnam Campaign that the United States lost. We'll see the same for Afghanistan, too, and wherever else losing and not living to the ideal is too bitter to swallow.

In the pursuit of balance, it's about time we had more of the Japanese and Germans winning.
I'd watch a YouTuber play some Glorious North Korean Game.

Reactions: tabzer

dazindude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

You're welcome!

I thought that was a default American thing, I was thinking something else.

Well, that's kind of right, but it assumes something factually inaccurate, and it is that sanctions weren't* already there.

That's certain.

Umm, tariffs are still a source of contention, but as you indicate, it's besides the point.

Then enjoy this: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...-after-waiving-sanctions-russian-gas-n1267975
It's almost like a pipeline that goes to Germany (our close geopolitical ally) might be more beneficial than a sanction in this case. Also I didn't really disagree with the criticism more so the premise that the previous news outlet you linked was trying to establish

tabzer

This place is a meme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's almost like a pipeline that goes to Germany (our close geopolitical ally) might be more beneficial than a sanction in this case. Also I didn't really disagree with the criticism more so the premise that the previous news outlet you linked was trying to establish

I think it would be great if Germany AND America can have their pipelines. It's a personal opinion, but not the point I was trying to make.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think it would be great if Germany AND America can have their pipelines. It's a personal opinion, but not the point I was trying to make.
Nah, the less gas the better.

Gas is so 18th century. Better to embrace electricity for example cooking food. But sadly the green parties try to shutdown all nuclear power plants.

Reactions: Lacius and p1ngpong

tabzer

This place is a meme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nah, the less gas the better.

Gas is so 18th century. Better to embrace electricity for example cooking food. But sadly the green parties try to shutdown all nuclear power plants.

I would love for nuclear power to become refined in its safety, instead of shut down.

I think we could have had a Jetson's lifestyle during the time it was prophesized to happen, if the oil companies didn't have their way with Washington.

Cooking food, though... I prefer charcoal or wood.

Reactions: Deleted User

dazindude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main problem we did a billion shitty things to build ours such as take indigenous land. Not to mention the constant leaks and the fact it was in disrepair before even being done like I'm not against pipelines when implemented and maintained properly. I mean I'd rather we use renewables where we can but there are still industries that rely on fossil fuels.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Honestly, I couldn't disagree because I lack the expertise. The concept of "renewables" is egocentric imo.

D

Deleted User

I was just watching a YouTube video on Solid State Wind Energy.

If they manage to apply Economies of Scale on that, it would be another tool to empower the average Citizen to be Energy-Sufficient. I am definitely looking into a future where there is both Self-Sufficiency and a comfortable Modern Lifestyle.

As we say in Asia, our grandparents were farmers but now we're city-folk.

dazindude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I couldn't disagree because I lack the expertise. The concept of "renewables" is egocentric imo.
I'm actually curious how is it egocentric. Renewable electricity production in the united states already makes up more than 19% of total electricity use in the United States could be much more if some of the middle American states with huge open spaces embraced some of these technologies.

Reactions: Lacius

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Taleweaver Thanks for real facts.

My main idea was that the media is propaganda and would have attacked Trump if he was the one who waived sanctions.
...and he delayed it for two years, and at the end of his term the thing had gone from 0% to 90%. Attacks on Trump for that? None. Nada. Plenty for his actual scandals, but not for this stuff.

I blame your idea of media. Seeing how you start with downright propaganda, I can't even blame you for your idea.

Reactions: AmandaRose

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It all gets resumed as this: "current political situation"...

Everything done against Russia-Germany pipeline is because US politicians (and everyone controlling them) aren't getting their "piece of cake", and not because it is a matter of "National Security" (i.e. real and verified public concern), because there's nothing public on interfering with other countries affairs, that's illegal intervention.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all gets resumed as this: "current political situation"...

Everything done against Russia-Germany pipeline is because US politicians (and everyone controlling them) aren't getting their "piece of cake", and not because it is a matter of "National Security" (i.e. real and verified public concern), because there's nothing public on interfering with other countries affairs, that's illegal intervention.
think of all the shit russia's done since post WW2 and having a nuclear superpower, with a psycho leader (and ex KGB)we're walking on shards here, anyways we need one tech from one civilization game (being call to power) to end the threat of ww3

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Tsundere_Neko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ew gross politics on my gaming site keep it away. (Seriously though I didn't know there was a whole category for politics here. And the fact that there is one both confuses and bothers me. But whatever.)
To be fair though I agree the media would be all over this if it was Trump as the largest media sources are left-leaning. But 2020 convinced me that American politics are the reason Aliens won't visit us and God has abandoned us, so I no longer care.

Last edited by Tsundere_Neko,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Biden administration isn't helping to build a pipeline; they're indirectly easing restrictions on Germany doing what they want to do with their own country. As much as I'm against pipeline construction, it would be a diplomatic nightmare to make things unnecessarily difficult for Germany.

The concept of "renewables" is egocentric imo.
What's egocentric is the continual burning of fossil fuels with little to no regard for the future (and present) generations who are going to have to deal with the consequences.

Reactions: Xzi and KingVamp

tabzer

This place is a meme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They reversed a Trump policy, encouraging the pipeline, as opposed to doing nothing. The point I made was if this was your opponent making this decision, your media of choice would have a completely different tone--as would you.

I'm actually curious how is it egocentric.

I find the classification to be subjective and sometimes arbitrary to fit the narrative of the people saying "green energy". Good solutions are important, but the telephone wasn't invented because it was signed into law. Unfortunately, the tech like the telephone could have been prevented from circulating if big oil companies bought out the patent and sat on it--which is the nature of what we are dealing with now.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
think of all the shit russia's done since post WW2 and having a nuclear superpower, with a psycho leader (and ex KGB)we're walking on shards here, anyways we need one tech from one civilization game (being call to power) to end the threat of ww3

Hold on, do you realize that in your statement by replacing "Russia" with "USA" the context doesn't gets affected?

It all depends on which "side" of the formula you are. One side wants to be blind about their own practices and prefers looking at the others'.

I'm a direct critic of Trumpet, but if there has been one single time I've agreed the most with him, was when he stated that US is not any better than Russia to deal with (in the context of two diferent parties fighting for their own interests). Democrats and Republicans would do anything if that helps them keeping control of the so called most powerful country (something that can be discussed).

Seeing this in an international context, we can argue that the US would do anything to disprove and affect Russia's interests by any possible means (illegal sanctions -USA's not the world's police-, weapons threatening by going on a parade near the Nord Stream 2 construction, menacing companies involved on business that "affect" their direct interests -but not necessarily US citizens interests when we talk about wealth-), and the list can go on forever just recall history of how many illegal international interventions have the US made in their war history with the complete lack of UN actions against avoiding them).

Reactions: tabzer and Seliph

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine trying to bait people into a political argument using an article that you didn't even read through completely or think critically of at all. This post is shit, even for the politics board.

It's funny that people on the right were so quick to praise Trump for working with/building a relationship with Russia and then go fucking bat shit when Biden does the same.

How in the hell are you going to even comment on international politics if you so clearly don't understand American politics.

Please just stop posting. You make GBATemp look bad.

Last edited by MaxToTheMax, , Reason: A third edit because this post is just so incredibly stupid that it actually triggered the fuck out of me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...