FIXED! Is "automatically merge" for multiple posts no longer enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Huh, odd. I remember it working after the upgrade rolled out. Maybe it broke in the meantime?
It did not work when the upgrade was completed. I double posted that same day and it didn't merge. I just thought it wasn't implemented and went on with my day. Wonder if it's something that needs to be re-enabled.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
It did not work when the upgrade was completed. I double posted that same day and it didn't merge. I just thought it wasn't implemented and went on with my day. Wonder if it's something that needs to be re-enabled.
It did work sometime after, though. The ‘please don't double post!’ was changed to a generic ‘--- MERGED ---’ message.

Kwyjor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now that we've all had fun testing it, perhaps someone could suggest if there's some reason it isn't enabled anymore? It seemed like a good feature to me.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A more elegant solution would be to prevent you from posting in the same thread if you were the last person who posted something, inviting you to edit your last post, instead. There's really no reason to double post, even if several days passed between the posts. No bumping!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
A more elegant solution would be to prevent you from posting in the same thread if you were the last person who posted something, inviting you to edit your last post, instead. There's really no reason to double post, even if several days passed between the posts. No bumping!
An even more elegant solution similar to this would be an edit bump system, where your edit will also bump the thread as if a new post was made, but no new post would be added to it.
That is a concept I know some other sites have been using, but I have no idea how viable this could be for GBAtemp.

Automatic merge however was pretty useful, because sometime you would reply to several posts, but spread them into several replies, so having them merged automatically while the time frame between each post was only a few minutes made things easier for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey