Is anyone working on hacking the vita?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by redkeyboard, Jul 14, 2013.

1. redkeyboard
    OP

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    I'm sorry in advance if discussing topics like this isn't allowed, I didn't see anything in the stickied thread about groups working on vita hacking. So is any team actually working at hacking the device, not just the psp emulator portion? Or because of the vita selling too well people aren't that interested in it? To be honest I'm not even interested in piracy, but it would be awesome if a team decides to install android on it. Then they'll be a ride range of apps and emulators to use. It seems like there are already android devices with the same GPU as the vita and similar processors for it to be possible (I'm thinking of how the HP TouchPad got Android installed on it)

2. gman666

gman666 Cubicle Expert

Jun 4, 2011
    United States
    a cubicle
    if you are interested about a native vita hack then you should research details on SKFU's native hack. SKFU hasn't said much but if you are craving some kind of detail then this is where you start. Hacking the vita is a hard process not only because of the rarity of exploits but also the vitas built in security. The Vita will not be hacked anytime soon....lastly, installing a new operating system is no walk in the park soooooo don't expect an android equipped vita anytime soon

3. xcrimsonstormx

xcrimsonstormx He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    You can find more information on vita hacking and the people working on these hacks at wololo forums that's where a lot of the VHBL and CEF comes from. But to answer your question yes people are working on hacking the vita there just being really quite and stealthy about it because the second Sony gets there hand on the exploit they are coming out with a patch for it days later. Like gman666 said don't expect a real exploit any time soon.

4. redkeyboard
    OP

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    Alright thanks for the info guys.

5. xcrimsonstormx

xcrimsonstormx He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    Yeah your welcome just keep your eyes peeled for something new because people are going to be really quite about it to keep Sony from finding out.