we haven't had alot of activity soo i was just interested

Please don't hate on me for this

Reactions: 1 person

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I was actually thinking the same the other day. After the HUGE success of the R4 almost everybody with a DS owns one. Whoever comes out with a cart / hack for the 3DS could literally make a million. The stakes are very high and I am quite surprised it hasn't been hacked yet.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am quite surprised it hasn't been hacked yet.
the DS had very few firmware updates.

the 3DS has had a firmware update almost every month.

they would need to figure out how to keep the karts working even after an update.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't take my words for it, but it might be sooner then you think.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I don't know how long it took the DS to be hacked,

I don't know how long it took the GBA to be hacked...

But I bet that 3DS will take more time due to the encryption system. But it is just a bet, we have to wait to see.

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
Think of how long it took the DS to be hacked.

how long did it take?
If I'm not mistaken, it was about two years before they released the first fully functional Slot 1 card.

well didn't they originally load up passme's thru slot 2? Thats how I started, back in the day. I just dont remember how long it was from release of DS for any kind of loading, but it surely wasn't two years.
Crown3DS is kind of the alternative for passme...but i'm guessing only for the pirated titles and not for homebrew since we don't have the encryption key, signing key, and some of the MAC algorithms keys...

Homebrew is gonna take a while and it would be possible only by a hardware hack which I heard :) is being tried...

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets try a scenario here. If I HAD just hacked the newest handheld console which only has about 140 game already made or promised and there were 3-4 more years of potential sales and game releases, I wouldn't release the hack just yet. I would want far more games to be available and would want to be very certain of all the protections, and security measures in place before I tipped my hand that I ahad already beaten them and that thier next four years worth of [game] desigen efforts were all for nothing, or almost nothing and that they had already lost millions in sales before they even make it.

With each 6 your old child on youtube explaining how to work and where to get a flash cart, I would be surprised if there's anyone left on planet earth that knows what a video game is that DOES NOT KNOW that it can be copied to an R4 and played, even if they have no idea what an R4 is. Hell I figured it out (a few years back) and wasnt even trying to!!!!

And with all these people publically explaining via video how the latest flash cart upgrade works (posting on yourtube) it isn't hard for Nintendo to figure how how quickly thier security measures are being bypassed. I suspect Nintendos hired big guns to bring in effective security measure this time around... I would If I were them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM