Is anyone planning on making a Rhythm Heaven Un-dub?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Rubedo, Mar 25, 2009.

Mar 25, 2009
  1. Rubedo
    OP

Member Rubedo Aikawa is OLEV

United States
    Since the music is being translated, and I quite like most of the songs as they are (not saying that the English ones will be bad, as I haven't really heard them, but I do like the original Japanese ones), do you think anyone will make an Un-Dub for Rhythm Heaven when it comes out?

I just don't think I could play it without my KAAAAAMONE HAI!

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Well, wouldn't it be a good idea to wait until the game is released?

3. manoelpdb

Newcomer manoelpdb Advanced Member

Brazil
    Im very curious to see how the songs will be on English... I watched that video where shows Beyonce recording for the comercial TV, but I can't hear the song (it's a making-of, the comercial will be show at TV at 30 of this month!)

4. Taedirk

Newcomer Taedirk Member

United States
    Started playing through the (U) version. Seems like they've translated the vocals to English. I'd certainly love to see an undub copy, since it's nice to actually be able to read the menus elsewhere.

5. kosheh

Member kosheh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I SUPPOSE, YEAH

yeah, Nintendo really knows how to dissapoint. "The Dazzles" and "Fanclub"(?) are pretty dissapointing because the singer just doesn't have it - Mona Pizza was great in WarioWare, but that's not really the musical appeal in this game. The one part which makes me rage is the uh, "Pecking Order" or whatever it is. Instead of the subtle and humorous Japanese general, now it's an ear-grating female voice.

PECK YOUR BEAK

PECK YOUR BEAK

On topic, though I know Rhythm Heaven has some super-tricky tile schenanigans so I wonder what the music could possibly be coded in.
    I'll take a look into this myself...

*Something else to mention is that the Rhythm Tengoku Gold music actually has significance to the game's publicity. The music direction was headed by Tsunku, producer and writer for Morning Musume. Most of the singers in the above-mentioned games were actually sung by former members of Morning Musume.
    That's serious otaku appeal right there Japanwise.

Nintendo threw this out the window with Rhythm Heaven, and did all the recording in the Treehouse and their usual staff singers. They should have used celebrity talent like the Japanese one to promote AND enhance the quality of the vocal tracks.

EDIT: Making the patch right now and testing it out.
    The US version's sound file is larger than the Japanese one by 5 megs. I wonder what this means...?

6. manoelpdb

Newcomer manoelpdb Advanced Member

Brazil
    arghh... the usa versions are really bad!

i did the undub but... there's 2 huge problems:
    - the level of Blue Birds, when it says "Peck you beak" (in japanese of course), it says like 1 second early, so... it's pretty anoying! impossible to play xD
    - the level of the Soccer ball (the "kick, kick" one) it's all mess up: the "kick" sound was replaced for the "oh". it's very annoying >

7. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    Wow, am i the only one herethat actually have an undubbed version? xD