Gaming Is anyone else really looking forward to FIFA?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
my last fifa was fifa 2004 lol on the GC and pro evolution soccer 3 on the ps2, after that every fifa or PES are basicaly the same with added visuals over time lol.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great games - this was my first footy game and it is really going back. International Soccer on the C64 -

If we are talking first football games anybody remember that terrible Paul Gascoine football game on Spectrum and c64 :D

Also honourable mention goes to "Italia 90" on the Atari ST, those were the days lol (I don't know how to do those flashy YouTube video things, that's how old I am lol)

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If we are talking first football games anybody remember that terrible Paul Gascoine football game on Spectrum and c64 :D

Also honourable mention goes to "Italia 90" on the Atari ST, those were the days lol (I don't know how to do those flashy YouTube video things, that's how old I am lol)
Right, had to be done. List of best footy games on each handheld I've had.
1. DS - didn't have any decent footy games built for it especially (awful version of FIFA) BUT you could get a decent version of Sensible Soccer via the Sege gen emu. However, if you had a Supercard (and I bought one just for this) you could run a DOS emu and on that play a version of SWOS (no sound, a bit choppy but playable and you had the career mode etc.)
2. PSP Some people like the version of Pro Evo for this (they are still releasing them) but it never did it for me. However, running an Amiga emu you could play SWOS which ran better than on the DS. You could also play Player Manager (version off Kick OFF where you were a single player and could take them up the leagues).
3. 3DS The version of Pro Evo for this was really good. Only problem was nobody else bought it so you couldn't play online - although if you had the Japanese version you could. Special mention goes to Soccer Pocket League which is the best management game on any handheld I've played.
4. PS VITA I really enjoyed the version of FIFA on this, had lots of fun playing other people online. Also, it runs a perfect Amiga emu so you've got a fantastic version of SWOS (including the updates for last season) and the other really good Amiga footy game Goal! which was the sequel to Kick Off 2.

Reactions: Risingdawn

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right, had to be done. List of best footy games on each handheld I've had.
1. DS - didn't have any decent footy games built for it especially (awful version of FIFA) BUT you could get a decent version of Sensible Soccer via the Sege gen emu. However, if you had a Supercard (and I bought one just for this) you could run a DOS emu and on that play a version of SWOS (no sound, a bit choppy but playable and you had the career mode etc.)
2. PSP Some people like the version of Pro Evo for this (they are still releasing them) but it never did it for me. However, running an Amiga emu you could play SWOS which ran better than on the DS. You could also play Player Manager (version off Kick OFF where you were a single player and could take them up the leagues).
3. 3DS The version of Pro Evo for this was really good. Only problem was nobody else bought it so you couldn't play online - although if you had the Japanese version you could. Special mention goes to Soccer Pocket League which is the best management game on any handheld I've played.
4. PS VITA I really enjoyed the version of FIFA on this, had lots of fun playing other people online. Also, it runs a perfect Amiga emu so you've got a fantastic version of SWOS (including the updates for last season) and the other really good Amiga footy game Goal! which was the sequel to Kick Off 2.
Haha I'm now slightly worried we sound like the 2 old men at the back of the pub arguing about who had it harder as a young en.

On a related note I think there was a Mega Drive version of SWOS, I'm fairly certain I've played that one on my 3DS.

I now really want to look for DOS emulators to get championship manager running on something.

Kick off was the nuts lol, remember Microsoft Soccer (something like that, came free with Windows 95 ;) )

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha I'm now slightly worried we sound like the 2 old men at the back of the pub arguing about who had it harder as a young en.

On a related note I think there was a Mega Drive version of SWOS, I'm fairly certain I've played that one on my 3DS.

I now really want to look for DOS emulators to get championship manager running on something.

Kick off was the nuts lol, remember Microsoft Soccer (something like that, came free with Windows 95 ;) )
Ha! We'll be talking about rationing next! I never played Championship Manager but your best bet is either via an Amiga emu on psp/ps vita (actually there is a version released specifically for the psp which would also run on the vita if you have on).

Reactions: Risingdawn
S

Saiyan Lusitano

It'll be twice as shitty on Switch though
FIFA 13 on WiiU wasn't great per say (EA could've made it much better) but it was FIFA as is and from that, it was a fun game, imo.

It's not worth playing on any console, so it's a pointless argument to be making.
Nonsense. If you don't like it it's fine but to say "It's not worth playing on any console," that is just blatant ignorant.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually i am, i never loved fifa but liked to play a few rounds here and there. Its one of the games where i missed portability. I even dont care that's a more or less stripped down version. The only thing whats bother me, is the price.
True. If it weren't for the ridiculous price they're asking I'd get it.

Reactions: DarkIrata

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. They are all same every time.. Except new stars in it but soccer itself is no difference. Always the same. I will play at friend's but not purchase it myself at all. I will pass, really.

SomeKindOfUsername

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIFA isn't a very popular series (they only sold around 17 million copies of the last installment) so you're part of a pretty niche, minority market. :P

Joking aside, the Switch version is only lacking the single player campaign. Everything else seems about the same, surprisingly enough. But it's running on a "custom engine" instead of Frostbite so it might not play the same.

I prefer more "arcade style" sports games myself. Give me more of that.

Last edited by SomeKindOfUsername,

Chizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well in the Switch version the graphic are more to FIFA 2015 in TV mode, in Tablet mode this is fine but in TV maybe need more work, but both work in 60FPS 720p -1080p. And is a good buy for millons of Switch owners.

D

Deleted User

As the title says -and i am aware that I am probably in a minority here - but I wouldn't have bought my switch (2 actually as i also got one for my son) if FIFA wasn't coming out. I love Mariokart and have enjopyed Zelda but I will play FIFA more when it is released.
I think Fifa is going to kill the switch

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why would you be a minority? It's one of the best selling titles on PS4 for instance as FIFA 17 sold more than 13 M units dwarfing any 1st party title (and most 3rd) in comparison and probably the main reason many people get EA Acess on XB1.

I'm not a big fan of soccer or sports games but you're definitely not in the minority and this could really help boost NS sales.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I think Fifa is going to kill the switch
Kill the Switch..

61ZYJE6VKDL._SX425_.jpg

Haha. No. It's not going to "kill" the Switch.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PS4/XB1 > Switch > 360/PS3

This is confirmed by EA. It runs at 1080p docked on Switch and 720p undocked, uses the same engine as Fifa 16 on PS4 (better than last gen engines) and has every mode except for Journey. It's not that watered-down guys, but of course almost no one here does their research and thinks the Switch is weaker than a Raspberry Pi.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
PS4/XB1 > Switch > 360/PS3

This is confirmed by EA. It runs at 1080p docked on Switch and 720p undocked, uses the same engine as Fifa 16 on PS4 (better than last gen engines) and has every mode except for Journey. It's not that watered-down guys, but of course almost no one here does their research and thinks the Switch is weaker than a Raspberry Pi.
Really a bummer with the Journey Mode.. Can't understand why they remove it on the switch version. But Fifa is more a game you play with others than for the story :D

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought my XB1S around one year ago, and it came with FIFA.
I think it took longer to download and install, than the whole time I've put into it since then.
And I have a very high speed internet connection.

So... not really...

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong