Is anyone aware if no$gba is still being bugfixed?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by TanookiSuit, Aug 19, 2007.

1. TanookiSuit
    OP

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Overall it works very nicely and behaves well, but I was wondering if it still was under development or not? The other day I decided for the hell of it to fire up the various FF titles on it and learned that the audio core seems to have a very notable bug(s) with it. The music is both scratchy and insanely warbled and sorta hurts the ears if you're exposed to it more than a few moments. Other GBA players such as VBA and stuff seem to handle it fine, so that's why I'm just asking if it is what it is or if there's hope to see a fix at all.

2. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Yes, it was still under development. He usually releases between 1-3 months. The last released was July 2007 so obviously it could be anytime for this month, next month, or in October. [​IMG]

He already knows about it. That's why he wants us to test it and report to him so he can work on it and he also need our help if you have demo that can help him find what's wrong and fix it easily. [​IMG]

3. TanookiSuit
    OP

United States
    Sorry I don't really use GBA demos so I have no clue if one can find it.

The reason I asked the question was that his last release was marked on the site as a 'final' and was 'just cleaning up a few bugs and doing e-reader.' With that said I figured it was a done deal in how he worded it.

Thanks for the heads up. If I knew a demo I'd forward it. If I could get him a copy of FF1+2 so he could see that issue I would do that, but I think he'd take the morality ground on that so I'm not sending any roms despite the fact it is copied off my actual cart. [​IMG]

4. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Vampire Hunter D, you could think about sending him the actual cart as i'm sure he has the tools required to dump it himself

5. dualscreenman

Member dualscreenman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Plus he's on Dial-Up so piracy is impossible for him even if his morals allowed him too. :x

6. TanookiSuit
    OP

United States
    Ahh I'd rather not send my cart as one I'm re-playing it right now, and two I have no guarantee I'd see it back other than people saying 'oh you will' or 'he is honest.'

[​IMG]

I'm sorry to hear he's still stuck on dial-up as that's just harsh. I got stuck on it for like 6mo after I moved back in 2002 after having broadband for a few years and it was a headache. If it would help I'd gladly find a debugger and save some info off that if it would suffice.