Homebrew Is anybody making any emulators that aren't Retroarch?

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what possessed someone to think that using Retroarch is a good idea, but it is just a non-stop pain in the ass emulator to use on the Wii U, or PC, or anything you put Retroarch on for that matter. Is there anyone working on a standalone FCEU GX or SNES9x or any other emulator that doesn't use Retroarch in any way, shape, or form?

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what possessed someone to think that using Retroarch is a good idea, but it is just a non-stop pain in the ass emulator to use on the Wii U, or PC, or anything you put Retroarch on for that matter. Is there anyone working on a standalone FCEU GX or SNES9x or any other emulator that doesn't use Retroarch in any way, shape, or form?
I think retroarch is good, am I alone here?

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I think retroarch is good, am I alone here?
RetroArch is fine, I have no problems using it with SNES and GBA games. The ones I've tried work perfectly. Maybe somebody will port Tantrics (Cough he works on it now Cough; original work by dborth) Snes9xGX to the Wii U.

Resident Stevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RetroArch is fine, I have no problems using it with SNES and GBA games. The ones I've tried work perfectly. Maybe somebody will port Tantrics (Cough he works on it now Cough; original work by dborth) Snes9xGX to the Wii U.

That would be fantastic. I'm getting crashes and extremely long loading times with Retroarch, but this is not new to me as I've had this isssue when using Retroarch on PC so I'm not going to bother trying to resolve it.

Reactions: cots

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
kids today make me laugh having to wait about 10 seconds for something to load and they complain it takes too long try having a zx spectrum back in the 80s when it took about 5mins for a game to load then you would finish the first level then need to wait another 5mins for the next level to load only to find something went wrong right at the end then having to rewind the tape to the right point and try again lol.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kids today make me laugh having to wait about 10 seconds for something to load and they complain it takes too long try having a zx spectrum back in the 80s when it took about 5mins for a game to load then you would finish the first level then need to wait another 5mins for the next level to load only to find something went wrong right at the end then having to rewind the tape to the right point and try again lol.
You just betrayed your age! :P I had the same kind of experiences back in the day, but with an Atari 400. Loading games from a cassette tape was no fun. Loading a particularly big game for 10-15 minutes only to see it crash near the end with "boot error" was aggravating. Great times! :rofl2:

roots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You just betrayed your age! :P I had the same kind of experiences back in the day, but with an Atari 400. Loading games from a cassette tape was no fun. Loading a particularly big game for 10-15 minutes only to see it crash near the end with "boot error" was aggravating. Great times! :rofl2:

cpc 464 for me ! this are the good old days

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny, the RetroArch versions I'm using work just fine, not 100% perfect but a helluva lot better in terms of speed than the Wii iterations. *Shrug* If people want standalone emulators that aren't RA-related, they're more than welcome to program their own apps :creep: :P We ought to be more grateful than we lead on.

Reactions: netovsk

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
IMO Retroarch emulators are the easiest to use. Drag and drop roms, bios and additional files where they belong, start the core, config it properly, run games, enjoy forever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool