Is anybody here a pitcher in baseball ?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by apb407, Sep 21, 2008.

Sep 21, 2008
  1. apb407
    OP

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hi i was just wandering if anybody here was a pitcher in baseball and do you have any tips? I really just started playing this year i never did little league or had a coach or nothing so my mechanics are properly crap i can barely even be accurate with my fastball does anybody have tips? Also i might just post a video and you guys can check out my mechanics and help me with that.

2. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    Practice and watch a lot of baseball.

I am a pitcher in a 20 plus league and I got pretty good just by throwing balls into a net and watching lots of pros do their thing.

3. The Worst

Banned The Worst Banned

United States
    NVM i didnt see the "in baseball" part.

4. XeonZ

Member XeonZ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was a pitcher for 8 years. But yeah, just practice the basic mechanics a lot, the point you release the ball, pushing off the mound, and finishing with your shoulders square with the plate.

5. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    i'm a pitcher for liquid

6. Lametta

Member Lametta GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I play as a right fielder in a female softball team, the only thing I can tell you is to do a research in google about the mechanics, get a ball and train yourself with a friend before staring the real trainings with the team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitcher (see all the links on the page, some are useful)

Start by watching the ball and get the grip on the ball correctly on the stitches (2 fingers on the long line and one in the short part under it), every pitcher has it's own style but for a beginner it's better the standard one.

throw throw throw, never get tired of it.

7. apb407
    OP

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks everybody i guess i just have to practice i mean i have been for a couple of months but i think i still have to find my release point and my throwing angle. I cant figure it out between the overhand style or low 3 quarters style.