Hardware Is anybody else having trouble getting their joycons to work for PC games?

Sakurika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve been trying to use my Joycons to play PC games, but it just never works for me. I’ve tried all sorts of stuff: JoytoKey, vJoy, some program called x360. But I keep getting confused on how to map my joycons to match with games I’m playing.

I’m trying to play Trails of Cold Steel on my PC with the Joycons and looking st the config menu I really don’t know how I’m supposed to map the Joycons controls properly. The instructions I’ve been looking at are all so vague to me too.

Should I just buy an Xbox controller and call it a day? :/

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
I think it’s more about me having no idea how to map it properly x.x. I just wish I can connect it to my computer and play without resorting to all these programs. I’ll just look into an Xbox or the PS4 controller.
Go to options and set the number of joysticks to the number of joysticks connected (the one in bold) and press the joycon buttons.
jMwjiI5.png

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Did you follow that tutorial? You need vJoy, XOutput and the Joy-Con driver fork. Also replace the custom.bat in the joy-con driver folder with my edited one to not only combine both joy-cons, but to auto-center the analog sticks as well. There is a slight error in the Xoutput controller mapping in that tutorial. Use mine as shown below

xoutput.png

Make sure to map only the first Joy-Con in Xoutput, since the second one is already taken into account in the first joy-con's mapping settings. Also make sure that both Joy-Cons are located at the top when you start XOutput. If not, you can switch them via the arrows. So far every game I tried worked with the Joy-Cons, except Mirrors Edge for some reason. It only detects my left Joy-Con and analog stick mapping is broken (up is left, down is right).

Attachments

• custom_bat_file.zip
    201 bytes · Views: 210
Reactions: Sakurika

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China