Hacking Is AKAIO 1.8.0 on par with SuperCardDSTwo's Firmware?

JiN1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks to normatt, we now have anti-piracy automatically. we can control weather or not it's on too, for those of you who don't know that.

the latest super scribblenauts (u), works with the ap option enabled.

now my question is, is acekard2i, (akaio 1.8.0) just a supercarddstwo that's more affordable?

by the way, thanks akaio team. this is pretty amazing stuff.
smile.gif

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well for one akaio is a loader program not a firmware. and the scds2 can do more than an acekard cause of the built in cpu. even tho there are still some bugs in the emulators for scds2 ( it is still a fairly new card on the market) it is a better card in my opinion. that's cause i got the scds2 for those added options

JiN1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
scds2 has more processing power
wink.gif

yeah, from what i can tell it has built in emulation and stuff. and saving, that's pretty interesting.

however.. take into consideration that with the release of akaio 1.8.0, and the acekard 2i only costing 15$ on shoptemp, but some places may have it cheaper, i just just only order from them. supercarddstwo is 35$ from shoptemp.

not that i'm attacking supercarddstwo, this was created for the sole purpose of opinion, and to provide the users of gbatemp with information regarding the most two popular flashcarts.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's close but you really can't compare the two. akaio is tight and new features don't get released untill they are near perfect. sc can do more but much of it is so buggy it's of little use. still what the dstwo can do well it does very very well.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not even close
auto ap patch doesnt mean anything because new ap comes out all the time
and again in the last 12 months the official acekard team only released about 1-2 updates
it relies on akaio, supercard actually has first part support and were first to fix it

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if auto ap doesn't mean anything then why do all the new releases with ap work on the cyclo now that it has auto ap fix?

JiN1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agjsdfd said:
if you have noticed, the ap function of akaio breaks download play...

too true. but i guess this only matters if you play with your friends who don't have the game. and i'm pretty beyond sure normatt will release a fix for something like that in due time.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
an ak2i running akaio 1.8 is enough if all you want to do is play ds roms and homebrews. an scds2 features rts (real-time save), in-game guides, gba and (shitty) snes emulation, etc, etc, etc. however, the scds2 is relatively new, it's pretty buggy. personally i'd say akaio 1.8, but then again i just have a flashcart to play roms.

gcnd0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, the SuperCard DSTwo uses about 40% more battery power because of the on-board processor. There are many reports online of the SCDS2 dropping batter time on many DS'es from 4 hours to 2-2 1/2 hours.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gcnd0001 said:
Also, the SuperCard DSTwo uses about 40% more battery power because of the on-board processor. There are many reports online of the SCDS2 dropping batter time on many DS'es from 4 hours to 2-2 1/2 hours.

That's depending on the brightness. Sounds no different than PSP battery time to be honest with ya...

C

croagunk.master

Pliskron said:
if auto ap doesn't mean anything then why do all the new releases with ap work on the cyclo now that it has auto ap fix?

That's because it fixes the current AP trend. You never know when dev's will change the ap they apply. Then, the auto ap fix will stop working.

JiN1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the first game I can remember with AP was HeartGold/SoulSilver. They would have to develop a whole new anti-piracy system which will also in time be cracked. They waste money on their programmers coding anti-piracy because eventually it's going to be cracked by someone out there. Examples of this, are the SCD2, and AKAIO 1.8x. But on top of that, we have people like Rudolph who release "anti-piracy" patches for certain games. Wow, it must suck for Nintendo when they realize the anti-piracy was bypassed in less than a week.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
...(shitty) snes emulation...
You might as well say that the GBA emulator is shitty too, as I find that it has the same issues as the SNES emulator. Plus the SC team said they're trying to improve their emulators.

And I'm assuming you haven't heard of SNemulDS.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Other than the emulators (GBA and SNES currently, other Dingoo emulators and a 386 emu are coming) the two big features the DSTwo has are the in game guide (read text files and view bmp files while playing the game) and the rts/save state feature (which works much better than on the CycloDS, btw). I have found that using the in game menu (and save states) either work or they don't (nothing comes up). So, if you don't care about RTS, an in game text reader, or the emulators (including the future ones once the SDK is finished and publically released as the DSTwo has similar capabilities to the Dingoo A320) get the Acekard.

Update- As for the GBA and SNES emulators, they work fine if you prefer RPGs (other than Golden Sun, which have problems). Unfortunately, the current version of the SNES emulator does not support speedhacks (snesadvance.dat) though the GBA emulator does (game_config.txt). Once speedhack support is added to the SNES emulator it should work much better.

JiN1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for people who don't know. 2 days after the initial AKAIO 1.8.0 release, Normatt and the AKAIO team release 1.8.1, which basically has some translation, and faster .cc parsing. So in other words, the .cc (cheat cache) file will load faster when you rebuild the cheat code database in AKAIO. We have free, unofficial support from the AKAIO team and it's pretty much on par with SCDS2 for not having a built-in processor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche