Hacking is ak 2i the best dsi flash card atm?

5%

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm hoping to pick up a dsi today so i'll have to be replacing my r4 with a new flash card that's compatible with the dsi. i've only heard of ak 2i & r4i working on the dsi. can anyone bring me up to date? are these the only 2 flash cards working on the dsi today? which one is better? thanks

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the R4i is a fake the R4 team has not been active for over a year because of the Big N.

there are other options
iTouch2
Supercard DSONEi
EZFlash Vi
M3Zero
and many more

the AK2i is a very good card to run with the AKAIO loader
thing the AK2i is missing is
real time saves
read txt file with rom loaded
soft reset with homebrew
most of the cards are just modified versions to work with the DSi

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
No, get the R4i.
rolleyes.gif

And try searching next time.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
How can you say it's going to be awesome when it's not yet released and no new features have been confirmed. I'd only call a DSi flashcart awesome if it could acres DSi mode, which the new M3 can't.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't call the Acekard 2i awesome, it doesn't run games nearly as well as the CycloDS or even the R4 did.
I'm not talking fancy functions or utilities, I mean just playing the game, I've got slowdown on Platinum, other games, and crashes in Portrait of Ruin, all on a high speed microSD.

Even if the M3i0 has no new features, if it can play games without these issues I'll be all over it.
But what I really want is my CycloDSi.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
How can you say it's going to be awesome when it's not yet released and no new features have been confirmed. I'd only call a DSi flashcart awesome if it could acres DSi mode, which the new M3 can't.

Well it's not exactly fair to critisize another cart because it can't do something that none of the carts can do right now. We're talking about M3i0 vs. Ak2i (atleast I am), so you can't go and say "Nah M3i0 isn't better because it doesn't have DSi Mode" because neither does the ak2i.

And plus the m3i0 will have Sakura support which, I'm sure most people will agree, is the best flashcart firmware out there.

Plus the fact that it's probably gonna have an open source firmware.

tops2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
I wouldn't call the Acekard 2i awesome, it doesn't run games nearly as well as the CycloDS or even the R4 did.
I'm not talking fancy functions or utilities, I mean just playing the game, I've got slowdown on Platinum, other games, and crashes in Portrait of Ruin, all on a high speed microSD.

I wonder how many other people with a Acekard 2i that have the same problems? I have one of these on the way getting ready for the DSi.

I have the original R4 which runs every game. For the few problematic games that had copy protection, a patched version could come out or a cheat would be added to the database after a few days, and then it can run. I have not problems with the R4 at all, and I don't care about all the advanced features. I'm almost tempted to not trade in my DS lite for a DSi cause of the reliability of my R4.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i have an original r4, two of them actually. it does not run every game with out problems. try actually testing 1 of each rom dump, you will find a ton of problems after 2700+. with that said, the r4 when it works.. it works well. i had great success with it. to really get the most out of it now you need to use ysmenu, arm7 hacks, cheat hacks, etc. its a pain in the ass where the acekard running akaio, just works. if there is a problem you can expect norm to fix it. he is the hardest working homebrew developer that i know of.

-another world

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No not every problem Another World ... I tried to contact the creator of dskiosk and norm, because dskiosk and other homebrews are running not very well. Norm answered with a threat to permban me and dskiosk released a new version which also starting up with fat errors. Also DSFTP is not working as expected.

So for me R4 is the best card for playing homebrews, because every homebrew creator is testing on this card.

Acekard2i is only good by playing games and that is definitely not what I want to with my flashcard.....

@ dewback: the card is called "M3i Zero" not "M3Zero"

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As a former G6 user for 3 years, I can say don't bother. They drop support so fast, and decide to focus on their new product and start forgetting to update their old stuff now they only update when a big game appears), They showed Sakura firmware and never happened, thanks to the gbatemp members that sakura and managed to make it work after some serious hacking, as for the official release, who knows, I stopped using my card after waiting for a whole year for the firmware upgrade..

Maybe their new card is going to be awesome, but I like the acekard now and sticking with it.

5%

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for the help guys, i think ill get the acekard 2i. where can i buy it online?

or should i wait for the m3i zero?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't and never have seen what's so great about an M3, when I first heard of it I thought it was just another R4 clone, like the N5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: