Gaming is Action Replay DS good for anything?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On some versions, you can load homebrew and play media files (videos, music etc.). I think it uses the same DLDI patch as their homebrew-only flash card, the Games 'n' Music. Homebrew compatibility should therefore be alright. If you have a traditional flash card (e.g. R4 etc.), there's not much to attract you though. Cheating in retail games using AR codes can be done with a regular flash card using a homebrew app called "NitroHax".

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, Nitro Hax only works on the original DS and the Lite though.

And doesn't work with games with DSi features.

Really it can cheat in games on newer systems like the DSi and 3DS as well can run homebrews through the microSD slot (using the Game 'n' Music DLDI)

A lot of flash carts have built in support for cheats.
All flashcards have a built-in cheat engine, but only for the roms on the microSD card, not for external games.

On some versions, you can load homebrew and play media files (videos, music etc.). I think it uses the same DLDI patch as their homebrew-only flash card, the Games 'n' Music. Homebrew compatibility should therefore be alright. If you have a traditional flash card (e.g. R4 etc.), there's not much to attract you though. Cheating in retail games using AR codes can be done with a regular flash card using a homebrew app called "NitroHax".
All AR's with MicroSD cards (at least from the versions I've tested, I haven't gotten my hands on the latest ones, but they appear to just be an updated version of the old DSi versions.) and NitroHax crashes easily with too many cheats, only works on DS Lite/Phat, and doesn't work with any games with DSi features.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can AR DSi run on DSi 1.4.5, or 3DS firmware.

if so can one put a DS mode flashcart in the AR and run it on DSi, or maby something else interesting to do with it

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I believe you can update most DSi AR's to work on the latest firmwares (I haven't tested it myself since I lack the cord to update mine.)
But I've heard of people testing it with cards like Acekard 2 that have a non-autoboot bootloader, but I don't have any cards like that to test.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
can AR DSi run on DSi 1.4.5, or 3DS firmware.

if so can one put a DS mode flashcart in the AR and run it on DSi, or maby something else interesting to do with it
Well, yes, but you might as well just get a working flash cart for the price and have it not sticking out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: