Question Is a Wii U emulator possible for the Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by NancyDS, Dec 24, 2018.

?

It's possible?

This poll will close on Jul 24, 2019 at 11:20 AM.
  1. Possible

22 vote(s)
    9.9%
  2. Impossible

202 vote(s)
    90.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CORE

CORE GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Wii U and XBOX 360 and PS3 have similar Architecture more like Wii U and 360 and they are all in the same league with Wii U CPU lagging behind both 360 and PS3 but superior GPU not a lot but a bit and 1.5GB more RAM. SOURCE CODE which no one but the respected companies own can do these ports yes Homebrew is capable but only if you have the Source Code and all this is Code manipulation so it works on that Platform why there seems to be this idea that the Switch is a powerhouse I dont know but yes Handheld it is great however Nvidia Shield leaves it in the dust.

Switch it is a bit more powerful than Wii U and as for Emulation Dreamcast and PSP I would dare to say be your limit with enough push Dolphin may run few Gamecube or Wii Games maybe a few PS2 with enough coding but dont expect anything more than that.

The PS2 and Gamecube , Wii and XBOX before someone says would be almost impossible
    Anything above those listed above is Impossible.

This is your Switch trying to Emulate way above its means.

Last edited by CORE, Jan 10, 2019 at 4:19 PM
  2. NancyDS
    OP

NancyDS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2018
    Venezuela
    Well, look how is the New Nintendo Switch Pro or the Nintendo Switch Pro Z, it's like this:
    [​IMG]

3. CORE

CORE GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Well Firstly it will probably require a new exploit etc. and nothing has really changed.

Last edited by CORE, Jan 10, 2019 at 5:02 PM
  4. NancyDS
    OP

NancyDS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2018
    Venezuela
    The only thing that exists to play Wii U games that is not an emulator like CemU or with remakes, is to connect an external USB disc reader to the USB input of Switch and insert the optical disc of your Wii U games that you bought in The external reader in this way:
    [​IMG]

piwix likes this.
  5. CORE

CORE GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    You may possibly read contents but you wont be playing it.

6. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    At the rate at which Wii U games are getting ported to the Switch, soon enough a Wii U emulator would be all but a mute point and completely pointless to do for a Switch, when you have almost all the important games from the Wii U library ported over. xD
    Give it some time, and we might see Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Super Mario Maker, and maybe even Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 ported over to the Switch.
    If New Super Mario Bros U DX sells well enough, I bet they will continue with 3D World and Maker.
    The Zeldas HD perhaps are already coming, just to fill in the gaps between the Breath of the Wild and next Zelda major title.

Last edited by ShadowOne333, Jan 10, 2019 at 5:20 PM
    CORE likes this.
  7. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Nice Memes/Jokes

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Jan 10, 2019 at 5:53 PM
  8. benjo

benjo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2017
    Austria
    Can we start with the gamecube?

BTW, dont feed the trolls

Last edited by benjo, Jan 10, 2019 at 6:15 PM
  9. Sm0k3r83

Sm0k3r83 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    Sm0k3r83 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 16, 2018
    Canada
    OP is clearly trolling. This thread should be closed.

10. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    hummm, we just reach n64 almost fullspeed, i am hoping we get nds emulation…
    i dont think we will never emulate wii u of course, nor wii, maybe i hope some gamecube games next year?

11. NancyDS
    OP

NancyDS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2018
    Venezuela
    damn remakes, will die when someone wants to create a Wii U emulator for Nintendo Switch, if nintendo wants to launch its super powerful, innovative and modern review New Nintendo Switch Pro or Nintendo Switch Pro Z this year 2019.

12. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Nobody's gonna make a Wii U emulator for Switch lol. Also they're ports not remakes.

13. NancyDS
    OP

NancyDS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2018
    Venezuela
    damn ports, will die when someone wants to create a Wii U emulator for Nintendo Switch, if nintendo wants to launch its super powerful, innovative and modern review New Nintendo Switch Pro or Nintendo Switch Pro Z this year 2019.

14. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    There's literally no hardware that Nintendo could use for a hardware revision that would have a reasonable price and be powerful enough to emulate the Wii U

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Jan 10, 2019 at 11:30 PM
    Csmrcc likes this.
  15. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2014
    France
    Man let it die already!! The original question has been answered dozen of times yet OP refuses to believe anyone and argues for nothing. That's called wishful thinking.

ZachyCatGames and VinsCool like this.
  16. eldavo2090

eldavo2090 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2014
    Mexico
    Dinosaur Land, Donut Plains
    OMG dude, there will never be a powerful enough revision of the Switch to run the WiiU emulator!
    That's why they make ports! It uses the Switch resources instead of emulating the WiiU console!
    Don't you see that you need a beefy PC to run the WiiU emu? The switch will barely emulate gamecube...

17. coppertj

coppertj GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2017
    United States
    Nope hate to be that guy but honestly the switch is capable in terms of "It works" up to the wii/gamecube with dolphin on linux. Yes, it's slow, but that's the best your gonna get. Also, you could always use switch inhome streaming if you have the specs. I play ps2 games on my switch through this method.

NancyDS likes this.
  18. NancyDS
    OP

NancyDS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2018
    Venezuela
    Say no to ports, die ports already.

Ports are disposable junk like the remakes and remasters of this generation, only this makes nintendo delay new switch games for the time being.

therefore, Switch needs physical backward compatibility with Wii U to drop ports, remakes and remasters to hell or needs a Wii U emulator to emulate past games and not be creating ports, remakes and remasters so as not to delay new games, leave it as a waste of time on the part of Nintendo and Sony for creating ports, remakes and remasters in their Switch and PS4, thanks that Microsoft made with its Xbox One a great success in the physical backward compatibility and that's why they did not create ports, remakes, remasters and those blowjobs of always.

die ports, remasters and those fucking blowjobs already.

This is my racist campaign against ports, remakes and remasters, hahahahahaha.

19. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    "This is my racist campaign against ports, remakes and remasters, hahahahahaha." - So this thread has now turned in to a troll thread. Aight, closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.