Hardware Is a gamecube emulator feasible for the Switch?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The Switch's Tegra is not underclocked, on the contrary it's most likely OC'ed/boosted.
Plus, you don't take in account Dolphin dev's aren't from Ninty. Of course a custom emu will be slower than an official VC. But Nintendo made both the GC and the Switch, so the thing would be much more optimized.
lol nintendo also made the n64 and everytime the n64 emu has been tried it worked like crap, just becuase they made an hardware x years ago emulating it its an enterily new diferent thing, heck the n64 emulator on wiiu its preety crappy.

the switch i have one and i love it but it will never have fullspeed dolphin like nvidea tv becuase the cpu and gpu are way underclocked on the switchs x1 chip, but i guess nintendo can do another crappy emulator full of hacks like the n64 one and kinda make it a per game fullspeed one.

But hey i would rather prefer hd remakes of gc classics i still dream on sunshine hd,luigi mansion hd and manny more.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol nintendo also made the n64 and everytime the n64 emu has been tried it worked like crap, just becuase they made an hardware x years ago emulating it its an enterily new diferent thing, heck the n64 emulator on wiiu its preety crappy.

the switch i have one and i love it but it will never have fullspeed dolphin like nvidea tv becuase the cpu and gpu are way underclocked on the switchs x1 chip, but i guess nintendo can do another crappy emulator full of hacks like the n64 one and kinda make it a per game fullspeed one.

But hey i would rather prefer hd remakes of gc classics i still dream on sunshine hd,luigi mansion hd and manny more.
Hasn't worked like crap. It works great and well on my pc... unless you're just talking about virtual console?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hasn't worked like crap. It works great and well on my pc... unless you're just talking about virtual console?
This. This is why you can't be taken seriously. N64 emulation is retardedly hacky. It "works" but not well. Accuracy is far off.

Not surprising though. You thought BlargSNES was better than Nintendos official VC.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
im talking about virtual console obviously since nintendo themselves dont make n64 emulators for pc lol.

i mean just becuase nintendo made a console their emulators are worse than fan emulators most of the time, like the wiiu n64 one wich has so no brightness or colors for whatever reason.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. This is why you can't be taken seriously. N64 emulation is retardedly hacky. It "works" but not well. Accuracy is far off.

Not surprising though. You thought BlargSNES was better than Nintendos official VC.

I don't care what others say, it works well. Like I said before, go research.

And @pedro702, yeah mang, I'm a little drunk right now. My understanding is ruff woof.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should put the nail in the coffin... No it's not possible to run a GameCube emulator, the GameCube ran on a 128-bit processor at 485MHz while the switch runs on a 4-core ARM Cortex A57 at 1020 MHz. Yes they are both 64-bit but the Architecture isn't the same. Whereas the WiiU ran a 3-core Espresso microprocessor at 1.24MHz. Both processors (Wiiu & GameCube) run the same Architecture(Not to mention they are from the same company IBM which isn't ARM). An ARM processor isn't that beefy compared to these guys. Yeah it's an ARM 4-core processor running at 1020MHz but the bottom line is it isn't entirely designed for that. An emulator isn't possible unless you know how to make a super compacted GameCube emulator. And we can all speculate that one of use "could do that" but in reality Nintendo or a professional engineer who really knows in depth about those engines have to implement that for us or hand it to us. Not trying to sound mean or be mean, but it isn't feasible, not currently.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should put the nail in the coffin... No it's not possible to run a GameCube emulator, the GameCube ran on a 128-bit processor at 485MHz while the switch runs on a 4-core ARM Cortex A57 at 1020 MHz. Yes they are both 64-bit but the Architecture isn't the same. Whereas the WiiU ran a 3-core Espresso microprocessor at 1.24MHz. Both processors (Wiiu & GameCube) run the same Architecture(Not to mention they are from the same company IBM which isn't ARM). An ARM processor isn't that beefy compared to these guys. Yeah it's an ARM 4-core processor running at 1020MHz but the bottom line is it isn't entirely designed for that. An emulator isn't possible unless you know how to make a super compacted GameCube emulator. And we can all speculate that one of use "could do that" but in reality Nintendo or a professional engineer who really knows in depth about those engines have to implement that for us or hand it to us. Not trying to sound mean or be mean, but it isn't feasible, not currently.
Just wait. It will be.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't get what's so bad about the N64 emulators right now. I can play OOT SM64 MM and other games at fullspeed and it looks okay.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the raspberry pi 3, It runs with a 4-core 64-bit processor at 1.2GHz and with 1GB of RAM. You'd think that of it has 4-cores, it has plenty of ram, it runs at 1+ GHz, and it's a 64-bit processor! It should work... but the ARM processor on the Pi3 still can't perfectly run a N64 emulator or a gamecube emulator. It's not over rated, it's the emulators we have are beefy and an arm processor can't deliver that performance.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Facts > Hope/"intuition"

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the raspberry pi 3, It runs with a 4-core 64-bit processor at 1.2GHz and with 1GB of RAM. You'd think that of it has 4-cores, it has plenty of ram, it runs at 1+ GHz, and it's a 64-bit processor! It should work... but the ARM processor on the Pi3 still can't perfectly run a N64 emulator or a gamecube emulator. It's not over rated, it's the emulators we have are beefy and an arm processor can't deliver that performance.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Facts > Hope/"intuition"
Shh... it's okay to be wrong.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about? I see them on there.

I don't see the original, not a spin-off, Pokemon games on Nintendo's store for Wii U virtual console unless it is on another page.
Wii U Game Store.png

Last edited by CuriousTommy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you