Homebrew Is a DSi emulator possible?

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was thinking, the DSi is pretty much a more powerful DS with extra features and also noticed there is no DS emulators nowadays that play dsiware or homebrew in DSi mode. (I know DSi enhanced/exclusive games are impossible to play* due to a lack of a proper dumper) I am wondering if DSi emulation is possible right now, your thoughts?

EDIT: *in DSi mode

Reactions: Ulieq

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Potentially... but who cares enough? Most of what's available is a port or remake of some kind.

Cave story? Homebrew on the PC, available in better versions on multiple platforms.
Asphalt racing series? Android.
Trajectile? Has a 3DS version now (presumably updated, I don't have a 3DS).
What else, generic pool games and such? A dime a dozen elsewhere.

Even for DSi cart games, the vast majority out there are DSi-enhanced and so can have the core game played already in a multitude of ways, and as far as preservation dumps with DSi data have been done for a while (though shakily at first).

The DSi is a higher-clocked DS with more RAM and cameras. Compared to the DS earlier in it's life, it's nothing special. Smartphones outpaced the DSi well before it came into existence, whereas in the DS's glory days there wasn't much alternative to handheld systems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.