Hacking Is a Dark Age for Flashcards Nigh? (public headers)

Public Headers? Bad times?

• No. Developers will find a way around this.

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Yes. The banhammer will become perma-termination.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Maybe. Too soon to tell.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Ask a Geoduck.

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

Jimmi G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had recently mentioned purchasing a N3DSXL which has fw 9.0. I've been waiting to see what would happen between Gateway and Sky3DS but it has been quite for awhile now. I hadn't any intention of having the ability to use private headers for my games.

And seeing the latest action from Nintendo, in regards to bans, has left me wondering if it's worth the money ($100+) to get a Gateway+Cubic Ninja (or Sky3DS, for that matter) to have no online capability or likely face an online ban (temporary and reoccurring or permanent). Perhaps money would be better spent with purchases that are issue free.

So the question is more of your personal opinion. Do you think it has become an untimely time to invest in the flashcard market with the sole intent of using public headers in games?

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
It's never been a good idea to use public headers, and pirated software has rarely worked online on any platform. That said, if you have Cubic Ninja, you have a private header.

THIS!

Besides, if you have Gateway, just use the .cia version of the game you wanna play online, and POOF! all your header issues are gone :)

Jimmi G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That 150 page thread not good enough for you? You need your own special thread just for you?

If someone else searches and finds this useful then it's not just for me.

THIS!

Besides, if you have Gateway, just use the .cia version of the game you wanna play online, and POOF! all your header issues are gone :)

So basically it's going to require a work around, which seems easy enough.

My last bit in the scene was with the original R4 on the DS and it was a lot easier and less worrisome then. Who knows how long ago that was, though.

I bought 10 copies of a game for $23.73 and sold all the headers for $5 a pop

Interesting thought. And you can just sell those games as used if you want to be a master baddie, couldn't you?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought 10 copies of a game for $23.73 and sold all the headers for $5 a pop
Honestly buying a header is kinda dumb since there's no way to tell what has happened to that header. For all you know, the seller sold the same header 10 times. (also you can probably get a game and rip a header yourself for cheap)

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly buying a header is kinda dumb since there's no way to tell what has happened to that header. For all you know, the seller sold the same header 10 times. (also you can probably get a game and rip a header yourself for cheap)
Well, 10 of the same header is still much less then w/e the other public headers have. So I guess it isn't even much of an issue. But I agree. Why not pay 8$ at Walmart for a discount game and use that header?

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly going to a restaurant is kinda dumb since there's no way to tell what has happened to that food. For all you know, the cook spit on the food 10 times. (also you can probably get the ingredients and make a meal yourself for cheap)

Reactions: Ronhero

Jimmi G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow I had overlooked the possibility of using a header from another game on separate games. I guess I had thought that the keys would only work for a single title, but it seems to rather be a key to Nintendo's online services. Glad you all straightened that out for me. Although if I look at the poll responses, I better just ask a geoduck.

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's never been a good idea to use public headers, and pirated software has rarely worked online on any platform. That said, if you have Cubic Ninja, you have a private header.

Not true.

I had a friend get banned using a private header of OOT while playing MK7 with me online.

If you want to be 100% safe, you NEED to use a private header of the SAME game that you are playing. You can easily get this through renting or borrowing. Check my guide for more info.

Having said this, I am on the latest version ATM with my SKY, and I bought a mint 9.0 N3DS to use "later".

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true.

I had a friend get banned using a private header of OOT while playing MK7 with me online.

If you want to be 100% safe, you NEED to use a private header of the SAME game that you are playing. You can easily get this through renting or borrowing. Check my guide for more info.

Having said this, I am on the latest version ATM with my SKY, and I bought a mint 9.0 N3DS to use "later".

Are you sure he applied the header correctly, and it was a completely new copy of OoT purchased himself in the store? I believe this would be the first case of a ban even with a private header.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure he applied the header correctly, and it was a completely new copy of OoT purchased himself in the store? I believe this would be the first case of a ban even with a private header.

I was thinking the same thing, I also had a hunch a long time ago that if your game is not online enabled they might take notice to it as well. Personally I use a copy of face racers because it was cheap and online enabled

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy @K3Nv2 In the cas of Robin it would be Dick Grayson