Is a 3DS worth my money?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Mar!0, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Mar!0
    OP

Mar!0 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    Well I've wanted one ever since it came out, I've tried buying one twice but long story short, I got gyped out of my money both times. The time has come again and I'm wondering if it is really worth it. Is it really all that good, or is it just overrated?

2. ßleck

ßleck Console Peasant

Jun 4, 2013
    Netherlands
    I don't know. Help.
    The main question is kinda dumb. You're going to have to decide if a handheld is worth your money. But I can say it was worth my money and I think it's pretty good. So I would say buy it. Come on. You really want one.

3. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    If you don't have any overwhelming need to get one, it is unlikely you will find a 3DS worth getting. If your intent on getting one, you should have gotten one in person and locally from some store.

jonesman99 likes this.
  4. robo989

robo989 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2010
    United States
    What are you expecting for a reply. It's a sodding games console.

5. Firemist15

Firemist15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2013
    Manila
    Just buy it

T Link7, filfat and Boy12 like this.
  6. Rinnux

Rinnux GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    How did you manage to get gyped out of your money????

7. how_do_i_do_that

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    buy a 3DS from hackyourconsole and have the next day they close shop.

Luhof likes this.
  8. Rinnux

Rinnux GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    That why you buy them from a real store..

9. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    yup even gamestop got em

10. Mar!0
    OP

Mar!0 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    Ok so y is everyone gettin all wierd for, I did buy it from a store, IN person, and how I got gyped is a personal matter. Thank u to the people who gave me a normal reply, but this helped none, sadly, I was just asking if it is good or not, geez...

11. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    I'd like to give you a proper answer, a normal one.
    Don't mind these people, they want to extend things. Anyway, the 3DS depends on your genre. Search for the genre you're interested in. Use GBAtemp's resources for an example.
    Try this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/essentials-3ds-retail-games.317711/
    And if you're thinking to get the game, view trailers on YouTube or some other video sharing website you use. There may be reviews from fellow tempers, which can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/reviews/home
    In my honest opinion, get the 3DS. The 3DS is a truthful system. Nintendo and third party companies of game developing are completely accurate on what they give us for a preview on the games, and the games are really well developed.
    View trailers and previews of the 3DS on YouTube, I find more stuff over there.

12. Mar!0
    OP

Mar!0 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    Thanks alot for your "proper answer", I aprecciate the help.

13. how_do_i_do_that

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    If you wanted that "proper answer", ask the "proper question" the first time around and not some condensed question that doesn't even come close to what you wanted. We are not mind readers.

porkiewpyne likes this.
  14. mr. fancypants

mr. fancypants that´s ´Sir´ for you!

Jul 16, 2013
    Netherlands
    right here, right now
    well in my case i my playtime is over 1.1 k playing hours in 2 years (im not addicted) so it was it worthy but u can also look for a second-hand console

15. Mar!0
    OP

Mar!0 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    ]Lol, no need for an attitude because I didn't like ur answer, some people... -_- smh

16. MaartenMx

MaartenMx GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2013
    Netherlands
    I bought one to and sold it a couple of weeks later, i found out the games I bought did not have a good price/lasting appeal ratio. Also i did not like the 3d and the graphics werem't to great.

17. Mar!0
    OP

Mar!0 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    Oh really? I heard the graphics were good...

18. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    They are.

19. ßleck

ßleck Console Peasant

Jun 4, 2013
    Netherlands
    I don't know. Help.
    Hey, he tried to help you. He could have just ignored the thread. Even if you don't like his answer you can at least just say thank you for the effort.

porkiewpyne likes this.
  20. ilman

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    He either bought shitty games (like Poniez 3D) or is spoiled by high-res.
    The 3DS has fairly high graphical capabilities and some games look truly amazing on it. The only bad thing on the graphical side I've noticed is the low, or lack there of, anti-aliasing. Other than that I have no problems with my 3DS.
    It'll be a lot easier finding games for you on the 3DS than on Vita/smartphones. Oh, and DS backwards-compatibility is there, which boosts its library greatly. Oh, and Virtual Console, too. There's loads of content compatible with this device.
    I say go for it. Especially if you can get it for cheap. And try to get an XL if possible, as it fixes the screen-scratching issue in the original, has a matte finish, so no fingerprints, and playing things on a larger screen is just better.