Hacking is a 2GB micro Sd compatible with R4i Gold?

tommyv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 2GB Micro sd for my R4i gold but after installing all the files it always gets stuck at loading, so my question is if a micro SD that is not SDHC ( 4GB+) is compatible with R4i Gold? or only SDHC are compatible with R4i Gold.

Thanks

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
It should be compatible with 2GB microSDs as well, though I am not discounting the possibility that *that* microSD you have is not working well. Try backing up your data on your SD card, reformatting it with this, and see if it works now.

It is also helpful if you tell us what the manufacturer's website is for your R4i Gold, and exactly which files have you installed on it.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
Format the micro SD card with Panasonic SD formatter, and install wood if it's from r4ids.com, otherwise install retrogamefan's YSMenu updates for R4 clones.
r4ids.com is the AKAIO 1.8.6a compatible one. The one supported by wood r4 is from r4ids.cn. Just wanted to get that straight.
yaynds.gif

On Topic: maybe it's a corrupt or slow micro SD card; as mentioned before, format using the panasonic SD formatter (note that formatting will erase everything in the micro SD card, so back-up any vital content in the micro SD card). Redownload the kernel for your cart and put it in.

Woodhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tommyv said:
I bought a 2GB Micro sd for my R4i gold but after installing all the files it always gets stuck at loading, so my question is if a micro SD that is not SDHC ( 4GB+) is compatible with R4i Gold? or only SDHC are compatible with R4i Gold.

Thanks

the 2GB Micro sd card should be work for your R4i gold, but where is your R4i gold coming from ? R4idsn.cn or .com , i hope the one you get is from .cn because i know they are real R4i gold team......format the SD card and then download the correct firmware for the card , try again ....

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
There are several Gold card manufacturers all using different kernels (www.r4ids.com, www.r4ids.cn, www.r4igold.cc, www.r4i-gold.com, www.r4igold.cn, www.r4i-gold.eu) so make sure you get the latest kernel from the website on the front of your card.

If you have a old gold card www.r4ids.com on the front that does not have the v2.0 stamp then you need to get the kernel from www.r4ids.cn

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
s4mid4re said:
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
Format the micro SD card with Panasonic SD formatter, and install wood if it's from r4ids.com, otherwise install retrogamefan's YSMenu updates for R4 clones.
r4ids.com is the AKAIO 1.8.6a compatible one. The one supported by wood r4 is from r4ids.cn. Just wanted to get that straight.
yaynds.gif

On Topic: maybe it's a corrupt or slow micro SD card; as mentioned before, format using the panasonic SD formatter (note that formatting will erase everything in the micro SD card, so back-up any vital content in the micro SD card). Redownload the kernel for your cart and put it in.
Thanks for pointing that out.
@tommyv if it is from r4ids.com then try AKAIO 1.8.6 then, if it's not from those sites try retro's YSMenu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.