Gaming Is $54 for an untested Wii at Goodwill a good deal?

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only issue with Goodwill is their policy of credit only refunds. Seeing as they have almost nothing good, I really don't want to empty my bank for a dud that I can't use or sell.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would take the risk if it looks alright... the average user probably cant brick it so the only main problems are if the disc drive is damaged somehow. but why is it $54? Not $50 or 55? Haha.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
depends what it comes with. A used wiimote by itself is worth 20$ nunchuk 10$ cables 15$ and a working dvd drive would be worth 30$.

Reactions: 1 person

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have NO TVs. You know when a Goodwill is very sad when they have no TVs. I'll have to ask about the Wiimote and cables, but it comes with box and all, including a Merry Christmas sticker still on it. Is it worth it sans cable and Wiimote?
They won't let me buy it until their Window sale tomorrow, so I'll ask then.

@pokefloote Student discount.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
They have NO TVs. You know when a Goodwill is very sad when they have no TVs. I'll have to ask about the Wiimote and cables, but it comes with box and all, including a Merry Christmas sticker still on it. Is it worth it sans cable and Wiimote?

Ah, well then I suppose you should go for it...if it ends up not working, sell it for parts.

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada

Every single Goodwill or Salvation Army store I have been to were small, dirty places...

The only thrift store I visit regularly is this beast, used to be a lumber store way back when...

245_1.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I suppose I'll take my chances on this one. I don't have any Wii games to test the DVD drive. Should I go buy some $1 piece of shovelware at my local Gamestop to test it if I can snipe the window sale?

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
If it doesn't work and then you could always sell it on the Temp. Enough people are interested in the Wii that I'm sure they would take it off your hands.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wouldn't do it. It's a gamble, no matter how you look at it.

Yes, the components by themselves can be worth the price (how much wiimotes does it have?), but still...if the wii itself doesn't work, you'll still have to spend more to get one.

D

Deleted-188346

You should get it. And, if it doesn't work, this can be your opportunity to learn how to fix a Wii!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou