kedest

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So in the early USB-loader days I read there was a 500GB limit. You could use bigger drives, but the loader couldn't read/write past the 500GB limit.
Is this still the case with recent versions of loaders? I'm about to buy a new HDD, so I'm really wondering.

Seewolfe78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isostar said:
no limit.

i have a Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1TB and 688,8GB are used
ph34r.gif
If I may ask...What loader/s are you using?

Seewolfe78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
TrainerAbu said:
isostar said:
no limit.

i have a Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1TB and 688,8GB are used
ph34r.gif
Woah! How many games is that? Do you collect them all or something? :3

Assuming he doesn't scrub his games, about 146.. if he does (assuming each game is on average 1.5GBs) then more or less 460 games.

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The limit is not the GB the limit is the amount of games .. i thought ..

i was only able to put 500games on 1HDD using GX so had to split the collection to 2 HDD ..

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
correct skiller... wbfs partitions can only contain 500 titles... period, end of story... that is why it is a good thing there is fat :)

-Erik

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
correct skiller... wbfs partitions can only contain 500 titles... period, end of story... that is why it is a good thing there is fat :)

-Erik
Wrong. Read the some truths about wbfs thread. If you use bigger clustersizes the partition can handle more games. But not all tools support it. Wwt does. Period.

pojobrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
correct me if im rong but dosnt wii flow only show up to 100 covers? and usbloader gx only supports up to 196 gamesright? how are you accomplishing this?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pojobrown said:
correct me if im rong but dosnt wii flow only show up to 100 covers? and usbloader gx only supports up to 196 gamesright? how are you accomplishing this?

I have 412 games and wii flow shows every cover just fine.

I'm using wiiflow R25

Gx also shows all my games just fine as well using the latest revision.

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mousex said:
burritoboy9984 said:
correct skiller... wbfs partitions can only contain 500 titles... period, end of story... that is why it is a good thing there is fat
smile.gif

-Erik
Wrong. Read the some truths about wbfs thread. If you use bigger clustersizes the partition can handle more games. But not all tools support it. Wwt does. Period.

yes this is true .. but is not Implamented to every loader .. and they said that changing the clustersize can mess up alot more then it does with the standed set
Sticking with the Standerd is better. but it is true u can use Wwt and make the Clustersize smaller to add more games .. but 500 a Drive is Great
tongue.gif

500 on a drive i only have 30GB left on a 1TB drive .. which if i wanted to i could make it Part Fat ..

QUOTE(pojobrown @ Dec 6 2009, 06:40 PM)

I have about 700 Covers .. all showing .. Dont know where u seen the 196 games supported ..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: