Is 12volting your 360's fans a good thing?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by test84, May 29, 2009.

May 29, 2009
  1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    I was going to give my 360 to some guy to make it 1.6 and then I thought maybe I go for 12 volting the fans, its a method that makes fans work harder (and of course more noise) to make RODD less apparent that I thought asking you guys if this is a good method or if not, what do you do for your protection against RRoD, do you play less or what.

-Regards

2. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Don't have or ever used a Xbox 360, but I suppose the best way would be to add a bigger fan (say 22cm) and have that spin at 12V (or at 6V being silent but diplacing less air of course), possibly in combination with a better heatsink design. Aside from that setting the fans in there to higher should work of course in generating more airflow.

3. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Playing less on the 360....well yeah that helps, but whatever you do, RROD may occur. Its very very random for some people. I know many people, that don't use their 360 that often and still got it, and some that would clock about 5 hours a day are still running fine.

Things that i have done so far, is putting it aside from all your others stuff, give it a load of breathing space. Also, always clear it out from dust, and by the looks of things, you have already voided your warranty, so open that thing from time to time, and clear it out. Their are many fixes that you can do, that's if it occurs, and if it does, run away from anything that has to do with the 'towel trick'

Hope it helped.

4. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    I had that mod before and my 360 died faster. Maybe it was pure coincidence but I say it draws more power and it makes the machine waaay too loud.