Homebrew IronHax & YoutubeHax - FREE HOMEBREW!!!

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
He was sued for that too.

What I posted applies for smealum should he release ironhax. It's AP circumvention software and it's illegal.
Just asking, how is it AP circumvention? How is a game itself that has a flaw that lets code be executed an AP measure by itself? I'm don't claim to know anything, just wondering. :)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Just asking, how is it AP circumvention? How is a game itself that has a flaw that lets code be executed an AP measure by itself? I'm don't claim to know anything, just wondering. :)
Sigh.

AP software works by preventing unsigned code from running whether it's infringing or not. If you write software that circumvents those protections, you are writing illegal software per DMCA sect. 1201. I'm not agreeing with it.

Sure, smea could mount a defense against this saying it was for educational purposes or whatever, but that's his burdon to prove. Obviously you want to avoid a lawsuit in the first place. And that's likely what he'll do.

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sigh.

AP software works by preventing unsigned code from running whether it's infringing or not. If you write software that circumvents those protections, you are writing illegal software per DMCA sect. 1201. I'm not agreeing with it.

Sure, smea could mount a defense against this saying it was for educational purposes or whatever, but that's his burdon to prove. Obviously you want to avoid a lawsuit in the first place. And that's likely what he'll do.

I wouldn't blame him neither if he does so.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As Smea kind of works for Microsoft, couldn't what he's doing with his exploits almost be considered corporate espionage? He's certainly risking at least his internship, if not a potential legal issue with his employers vs one of their competitors.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sigh.

Link to resources used to check the laws?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Smea kind of works for Microsoft, couldn't what he's doing with his exploits almost be considered corporate espionage? He's certainly risking at least his internship, if not a potential legal issue with his employers vs one of their competitors.
Where did you find out he "kind of works for Microsoft"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night