IronHax Installer Has Access to the AM service.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by WateredFire19, Aug 17, 2015.

1. WateredFire19
    OP

WateredFire19 Banned

Banned
    Aug 23, 2014
    United States
    Ok, so I just relized something: IronHax Installer, whether its ran via TubeHax or Ninjhax, has access to the Aplication Management Service (AM Service.), since it can inject a modified save along with a payload into an Ironfall save slot.

There are many different levels of the AM service. This, however, does not have access (as far as we know) to the one required to install legit CIA's. Or any CIA's.

So, when Smea releases the source code, that might be the first (real) step to legit CIA installing (and maybe even downgrading) on 9.3+.

2. bakurage

bakurage GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2015
    France
    Legit cia :3

3. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 The Pokémon guy

Aug 26, 2009
    Lumiose City
    Based on what the Gateway team, they're already investigating this. The near future is looking good.

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  4. Boy12

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    I can already smell Pokémon Omega Ruby being downloaded ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
    Oh well, for now I have TLOZ: Oracle of seaons and TLOZ: Oracle of ages too keep myself busy with on GameYob.

5. WateredFire19
    OP

WateredFire19 Banned

Banned
    Aug 23, 2014
    United States
    Yup. I think legit CIA's are very close. Seriously. Just waiting for: [Release] NAME - Legit CIA Manager for Ninjhax 2.0/9.9.0
    Especially with IronHax being able to access a few of the AM services.

Snintendog and djalmafreestyler like this.
  6. bakurage

bakurage GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2015
    France
    Wait for a FBI for 9.9.

Seriel likes this.
  7. DutchyDutch

DutchyDutch COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL

Nov 16, 2014
    Netherlands
    Isn't that an unsinged cia though? Or are unsigned and legit cias the same thing? Cause if so, I can play Majoras Mask 3D :D

Sorry if I'm a noob with cias and stuff :P

8. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
  9. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Houston
    I think you need am:u and am:net to install .cia and I remember that it's not easily obtainable without Arm11 Kernel.

10. neobrain

neobrain -

Apr 25, 2014
    What? You said yourself that IH does not have access to the services required for installing CIAs. Just because it has access to some related module doesn't change anything about that, so it doesn't bring anyone a single bit closer to CIA installing, unless I'm missing some piece of your logic here, which I don't think I do. Just sounds like the typical uninformed gbatemp hype over nothing.

Last edited by neobrain, Aug 17, 2015
    WhoAmI?, loco365 and Psi-hate like this.
  11. Intronaut

Intronaut An star maker

Nov 18, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    But NTR CFW 3.0 does a arm11 kernel hack in the latest emunand...

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  12. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Houston
    NTR is antipiracy and can't load unsigned cia, making it pointless to develop permission to even install .cia
    You only need arm11 kernel to install legit cia and downgrade.

13. Intronaut

Intronaut An star maker

Nov 18, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I am not saying that. I'm saying maybe we can get arm11 kernel exploit studying how NTR CFW 3.0 does a arm11, and then develop something that can reach AM:NET service

14. funnystory

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    we need to handout tempbans for topics like this

AndrewPH likes this.
  15. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2015
    Macau
    Morocco
  16. leerpsp

leerpsp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    I do think something will be in the works down the road but Its not gonna be any time soon.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  17. NeoSlyde
    This message by NeoSlyde has been removed from public view by FIX94, Aug 17, 2015, Reason: just a one video post and not even english, plz.
    Aug 17, 2015
  18. WateredFire19
    OP

WateredFire19 Banned

Banned
    Aug 23, 2014
    United States
    It has access to ANY AM service, unlike anything we have seen since 9.2-. It will definitely help, whether it direct or not. It does bring us closer. Be patient. Once we get the Ninjhax 2.0 / Ironhax Installer / Ironhax / TubeHax source code we can actually see if it does have access to anything beyond our knowledge. Please, do not turn this into a ranting thread.

Snintendog likes this.
  19. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Why are you arguing with one of the principal developers of Citra? He knows how the 3ds works. You don't.

AliTheAce, ferofax, WhoAmI? and 4 others like this.
  20. WateredFire19
    OP

WateredFire19 Banned

Banned
    Aug 23, 2014
    United States
    I know a lot about it. He knows just as much as anyone else about this. So your telling me he knows the unreleased source code of Ninjhax 2.0 and others?
    Sure.

21. neobrain

neobrain -

Apr 25, 2014
    I suggest you clarify the first post of this thread so that people can actually understand what you're claiming, I guess. As it stands, none of what you're saying actually makes a lot of sense.

EDIT: Having re-read the post, I guess you meant to say that things have access to one particular AM service as opposed to none at all. That makes what you're saying much more sensible and consistent, but I'll still have to refer you back to what I said before - just because it's "more access" than before it doesn't bring people any closer to CIA installing.

Last edited by neobrain, Aug 17, 2015