Ironhax and Tubehax have both been released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Ericzander, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Ericzander
    OP

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    On July 31st, 3DS developer turned hacker, Smealum, announced his latest exploit for 3DS which he is dubbing “Ironhax.” Then on August 14th he announced “Tubehax.” Today, they have both been released.

[​IMG]

The names are in reference to his earlier series of exploits called “Ninjahax” which were named after the increasingly rare game Cubic Ninja, which was used to run his earlier series of hacks. Ironhax, or “freehax” as the community called it prior to Smea’s naming, is a method of accessing the Homebrew Channel on the 3DS without having to rely on a physical game like Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time.

[​IMG]
    In preparation to the release, Smea told everyone who had access to the eshop to download the game “IRONFALL Invasion” which would be the point of entry. He also clarified that either the 1.0 or 1.1 version of the game would be fine, as the update does not break the exploit.

[​IMG]
    Since the announcement people have been scrambling to download IRONFALL Invasion. It was soon removed from the European eShop and is now off of the American eShop as well. However, it’s doubtful that Nintendo will take the YouTube app off of the eShop. Smea also notes that you should download YouTube whether or not you already have IRONFALL Invasion.

People who do not have access to the eShop, possibly due to staying on a lower firmware, will not be able to get the apps. Without additional exploits, the IRONFALL Invasion will not run on systems with a firmware below 9.5. That being said, YouTube should work on lower firmwares. Luckily, there are many other methods available to people with a system firmware of 9.2 or below which will allow them to do even more than Ironhax.

[​IMG]
    Watch the following video to see how to get the exploits to work.

Xabring, Sicklyboy, matpower and 13 others like this.

2. Disco

Disco GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2006
    Croatia
    Croatia
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D
    Thanks!

Margen67 likes this.
  3. IpsoFact0

IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2015
    Canada
    The Six
    anyworth while homebrew?

4. Disco

Disco GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2006
    Croatia
    Croatia
    snes emulator, gb/gbc emulator....

zfreeman, Margen67 and HaloEffect17 like this.
  5. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Nice to hear~

Make's me wonder how hard it will be for Nintendo to attempt to pull Youtube from the Eshop, or if they can even try. I'm sure maybe an update to the app can fix things, but otherwise, they'll be hard pressed to fix something like this :P

6. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    I wouldn't be surprised if they removed it "temporarily", like they said in Europe with Ironfall. However more would probably need to be done with YouTube since it seems very badly coded. So badly it surprises me it took so long for an exploit to be found when I think about it.

Margen67 likes this.
  7. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    They removed Ironfall from NA too.

8. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    That's not my point though, although I probably wasn't very clear.

9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I am personally happy to just see my 3DS hacked. I've wanted to hack it since I got it and lacked both the money and hardware, so it's just been sitting there unhacked, making me a sad Pokemon. Now that is no longer the case and my night has been made!

HaloEffect17 and ihaveamac like this.
  10. logg

logg GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    Cool. I wonder when/if the Cubic Ninja stock market will react.

Metoroid0, Margen67 and HaloEffect17 like this.
  11. caboyzcoti

caboyzcoti Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Is it mirrored somewhere that isn't running on a potato? I can't get his site working.

12. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ is really not working for you? It seems to be for me. Unless you mean the DNS server, in which I don't think there's any solutions yet.

caboyzcoti likes this.
  13. caboyzcoti

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Thanks, I was only aware of the .net site.

14. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    I thought http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ would be in the post, but it's really not, which is strange.

HaloEffect17 and Nightwish like this.
  15. caboyzcoti

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Yeah, I thought it might be a ninja release or something.

16. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    New to this, so dumb question: no need to make a NAND backup prior to doing this, right? Assuming nothing is being messed with the sysNAND. Also, great work, Smea. :D

17. logg

logg GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    No, you don't. If you can make a NAND backup though, it's good to have around. This is editing a save file, and you change the DNS settings, so your sysnand isn't in trouble of getting corrupted.

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  18. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    I don't have Gateway yet so I'll have to get around to backing up the NAND someday. But it's good to know I can go right on ahead now without the worry of a possible brick. Thanks, @logg!

19. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    God damn it. Tubehax s the same way I've been hacking perfect Pokemon for months.

Bubbysaur likes this.
  20. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Smea actually credited GW on the irontube page. It seems he just reused their old spiderhax exploit lol. Since that's the case, Google can just update the youtube app's webkit to the current old3ds version and be done with it.

HaloEffect17 likes this.