1. 1,813

Front-page
    EX09NscXYAACj39.jpg

Delayed alongside The Last of Us was Iron Man VR, for the PlayStation VR. Sony previously delayed the game "indefinitely" due to COVID-19, even to the point of refunding all digital pre-order customers, but it seems development has gotten back on track. Previously, Iron Man VR was supposed to release on May 15th, but now the game has secured a launch on July 3rd, with its developer Camouflaj to reveal more information about the gameplay at a later date.

:arrow: Source

Stealphie, x65943, bibouboul and 2 others like this.
  2. Discussion (16 replies)

3. bibouboul

bibouboul Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    I feel like only having it on PS VR kinda kills the game for me since it's clearly not the best "cheap" VR headset and the gameplay might suffer from that, they can't do as much stuff as with a HTC or Index

raxadian, 2Hack and Mr. Looigi like this.
  4. bigfatToni

bigfatToni GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    now we're gonna die in vr!

bibouboul likes this.
  5. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Still dont care that much for VR. Only thing I really liked to this point was Mario Kart VR.
    But well more and more VR titles will eventually come out. Same thing that happend with 3D movies, which still exist but never became as big as people expected them to be.

6. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    VR is still a thing ? Amased it lasted so long

7. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    The fault of 3D movies (and stereo screens in general) is that 3D was pretty superficial to the overall experience - once the novelty of things popping out wears off, stuff remains mostly the same, and having mildly fancier picture was generally not worth the drawbacks of expensive tech and dealing with angles, glasses, etc.

VR, on the other side, already proved itself as a platform with big potential - for one example, playing first person shooters in VR is already unlike anything else on the market (since you need to actually reload manually and dodge/cover with your whole body), and there's many other genres that can transform into a completely different experience through virtual reality. The main obstacle as of now is the price, seeing as VR headsets are ridiculously expensive to this day; still, once that barrier gets broken, VR has enough substance to it to earn some long-standing place in the mainstream.

Last edited by Pipistrele, May 12, 2020
    2Hack, SS4 and PatrickD85 like this.
  8. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Fair enough ;)
    I can agree that VR does have more appeal in use.

But not every game translates well to VR and that will be a challenge in itself.
    For example a Mario VR ... well that would take away the real Mario 'magic'.

But for sport, racers and indeed shooters ... sure I can see that as being an extra level of depth and skill.

But it does also scare me as gaming in itself is about uniting people of all walks and ages without looking into their physical abilities (n general). VR will change that to some extent and that is why I hope games will not become VR only, VR should be an addition but should not be something that causes exclusion in the gaming space.

I hope the above ramble made soms sense.

Pipistrele likes this.
  9. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    See: the success of Half Life: Alyx

Sicklyboy likes this.
  10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    whats next you want to move on a threadmill to make your character move ingame? i wonder how much time you can play a game before being physicaly tired and then just give up, i remenber seeing a full on vr set on a inventions show and the people that tested it was as FPS, you were on a round thing that you needed to move to any side so your character moved, and everyone at the end of the mini 15 min level were like dead lol, because you had to run and then do stuff fast, in the end most people dont want to have be drown in sweat to play games, heck i play games to relax not to be stressed out running like crazy from area to area to not die .

11. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    Did you ever hear of Half-Life Alyx

12. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Nope , I just saw the trailer . seems very good , but I can't handle having all that waight in my head and it's also disy

13. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Would be nice to see some in game footage...

14. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    And then probably a year after release it'll be worth picking up when it comes to SteamVR. ^_^

15. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    Modern VR games offer all sorts of accessibility options, and usually you can set the amount of physical involvement you want with the game yourself - most of them are perfectly playable on your couch should you choose to. Besides, the ongoing success of titles like Just Dance, Beat Saber and Ring Fit Adventure shows that there are a lot of people who in fact do want to move around and break a sweat, so the audience is certainly there.

16. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can anyone comment of the quality of PS VR?

I have tried a few games, but the accuracy and tracking is terrible. It seems fine for a little while, then after a little while falls to pieces.

It's like the camera can't process position accurately enough, so position of weapon is reset in the wrong position / direction. It's not as bad as WMR - no where near as bad, but still game breaking and nauseating. Also, I think all VR hardware today is limited to mini on the rails. I suppose wireless will help, but untimately, they will rely on telporting and the anologue stick to "quick turn" for a while yet, which is also terrible.

17. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Argentina
    Not to mention PS VR will become obsolete once the PS5 is released.

18. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Addict

Austria

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - release,