Hacking Iridion 2 crashing (EZ Flash IV 2.050)

rs1n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember Iridion 2 crashing on me when I was using older firmware (1.72RESET for example), but I cannot seem to get the USA release to not freeze at the first boss. I read the existing threads on the forums but they seem either outdated or refer to the Eurasia version. Looking at the source for Omega, it appears that the firmware doesn't patch the ROM for saves (since it uses a password system), which is usually the fix for those running the ROM on emulators. Anyone else having the same freezing problem? MD5 and CRC32 seem to match those that Retroarch uses to verify no-intro ROMs.

MD5: 553e8c9a80190617ec13fa2a06487f2d
CRC32: dd8a7104

EDIT: (To moderators, I posted in the wrong forum; could a moderator move this to the GBA Flashing Hardware and Software forum?)

Last edited by rs1n,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don't remember Iridion 2 crashing on me when I was using older firmware (1.72RESET for example), but I cannot seem to get the USA release to not freeze at the first boss. I read the existing threads on the forums but they seem either outdated or refer to the Eurasia version. Looking at the source for Omega, it appears that the firmware doesn't patch the ROM for saves (since it uses a password system), which is usually the fix for those running the ROM on emulators. Anyone else having the same freezing problem? MD5 and CRC32 seem to match those that Retroarch uses to verify no-intro ROMs.

MD5: 553e8c9a80190617ec13fa2a06487f2d
CRC32: dd8a7104

EDIT: (To moderators, I posted in the wrong forum; could a moderator move this to the GBA Flashing Hardware and Software forum?)

Hello.:)

I can confirm this issue.:(

Rom is ok and transferred with EZ Flash Client.
In the middle of the fight suddenly the screen freezes but the sound plays on.:unsure:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
After getting "another" Rom it works.
The "Eurasia" do not work ! Something with "Mugs" works......:P

P1320248.JPG P1320249.JPG P1320250.JPG

Thank you.:)

rs1n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never actually investigated this one's failures/anti piracy/whatever, might have to have a look one day.
Anyway for the meantime a crack is available for one with that CRC
http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/dbreleases.php?id=0993

I'll give it a shot -- thanks ahead of time. (Not home to test but will report back when I get a chance.)

EDIT: The IPS patch seems to make the game playable. Interestingly, a .sav file is still created upon the first instance of loading the game. However, after that the flash cart never tries to save to the .sav file again (or so it seems) since the game doesn't use save files (and the .sav file contents presumably never change thereafter). I wonder if they are using fake-saving or something similar as an antipiracy measure.

Last edited by rs1n,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse