Irene struck, lot's of rain

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by boktor666, Aug 29, 2011.

Aug 29, 2011
  1. boktor666
    OP

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    So i was watching CNN in holland last night, and saw that New York has been flooded, up to 487 mm or rain! Now I'm wondering, are there any NYC tempers here? Are you alright? Tell us if something of yours has been damaged, and how you experienced the storm, this also goes for the other places that were struck

2. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    Im in upstate new York it was ugly but not that bad new England states got hit hard we are handling emergency calls at the electric company

3. sergster1

Member sergster1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I live in brooklyn. All we had were a crapola of leaves on the ground with a few small branches scattered around the floor as the aftermath... but thats brooklyn... my dad lives in far rockaway literally 5 blocks from the beach and decided to stay with the mandatory evac in place... the storm surge destroyed the fruits and vegetables in the green house we made and he tells me another 12 inches and water would have started to come in. Also the beach is pretty decimated and the bird sanctuaries are badly damaged |:

4. ShinyJellicent12

Member ShinyJellicent12 I summon giant clover-shaped meteors in the sky

United States
    My whole street didn't actually have any damage. I guess some of Staten Island got lucky.

5. Treflex

Member Treflex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    there's no way out of my town in NJ. this one river actually rose about 15 feet and flooded the bridge that goes over it >.< it's pretty nasty here in some places, many cars are submerged. Everyone's safe though AFAIK

6. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I live 400 ft above sea level so I was safe from flooding
    power went out for about 36 hours though
    other then that minimal damage, branches everywhere and a rain gutter fell off the house, all my plants survived though