[IRC] K-lined due to being in EFnet's blacklist...

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dunno if this is the right forum.

QUOTE said:
* Looking up irc2.gbatemp.net
* Connecting to irc2.gbatemp.net (91.121.42.111) port 5190...
* Connected. Now logging in...
* *** Looking up your hostname...
* *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead
* *** You are permanently banned from irc2.gbatemp.net (Listed in rbl.efnet.org. See rbl.efnet.org/?i=74.112.212.15) Email [email protected] for more information.
* Closing Link: ReimuHakurei[74.112.212.15] (User is permanently banned (Listed in rbl.efnet.org. See rbl.efnet.org/?i=74.112.212.15))
* Disconnected (Remote host closed socket).
Cycling to next server in GBAtemp...
* Disconnected ().

Well I'm not in that blacklist anymore. (Aparently one of my computers had a virus and was in a botnet or something)

Could an oper remove that please? :V

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a dedicated forum available for situations like this. Although, it may be easier to P.M. someone to help you.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
macgeek417 said:
Sterl500 said:
Not really a dedicated forum available for situations like this. Although, it may be easier to P.M. someone to help you.
Hm, true. I kinda forget who the opers are on the IRC though.
Not sure if the IRC group tags you see on people here count. Do you know AshuraZro?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The members with the IRC staff group on the forums are ops in the #GBAtemp.net channel only. You'll have to ask an IRCop, like Costello, Narin, p1ngpong, Minox_IX, Vulpes, lilsypha, ....

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
the blacklists update themselves automatically after a while, so try again later.
and use a firewall, an efficient anti virus and other stuff
tongue.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Costello said:
the blacklists update themselves automatically after a while, so try again later.
and use a firewall, an efficient anti virus and other stuff
tongue.gif
The blacklist updates automatically, yes. But it does not automatically remove klines when they're "un-blacklisted".

Anyway, I just removed it
smile.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since this is an IRC related topic, can someone add my name to the authenticated user list? Every time I try to log onto IRC using my GBAtemp name (since pretty much everyone does it), I wind up getting booted and banned because you guys blacklisted the IRC client for flash cards since DS is in every persons name with the program. Even tried lower case and got booted for that.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
DSGamer64 said:
Since this is an IRC related topic, can someone add my name to the authenticated user list? Every time I try to log onto IRC using my GBAtemp name (since pretty much everyone does it), I wind up getting booted and banned because you guys blacklisted the IRC client for flash cards since DS is in every persons name with the program. Even tried lower case and got booted for that.

DS users are not blacklisted, they were only blacklisted for a short while a long time ago, but that was removed because many staff did not agree with it. What channels are you trying to join? Because we only really control #gbatemp.net, so you may get banned from other channels for using clirc, but you should be able to join the official channel just fine.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
DSGamer64 said:

DS users are not blacklisted, they were only blacklisted for a short while a long time ago, but that was removed because many staff did not agree with it. What channels are you trying to join? Because we only really control #gbatemp.net, so you may get banned from other channels for using clirc, but you should be able to join the official channel just fine.
I got a quick question: Didn't you just have change your Ident in clirc and you can go IRC in gbatemp xD?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
lolzed said:
p1ngpong said:
DSGamer64 said:

I got a quick question: Didn't you just have change your Ident in clirc and you can go IRC in gbatemp xD?
yep, just change it to anything else ;p

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
p1ngpong said:
DSGamer64 said:

It was the main channel, I will try and log in again and see if it works.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
DSGamer64 said:
p1ngpong said:
DSGamer64 said:

It was the main channel, I will try and log in again and see if it works.
There are no such bans. Are you sure you're joining #gbatemp.net and not #gbatemp ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs