IRC-based Friend-Code Bot Feedback

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by hassifa, Jun 14, 2007.

Jun 14, 2007
  1. hassifa

Newcomer hassifa Newbie

Mar 19, 2007
    United States
    The irc bot would include the following
    - The ability to add your friend code to a specific game
    - The ability to list available friend codes to a game
    - The ability to list available friend codes to a user-name
    - The ability to notify people about the intention to start playing online with a particular game

For people who don't know, IRC is a real-time chat program, and with this, i am temped to make an automated
    bot that will help people play online at a moments notice with other people who you know, instead of relying
    on either the random world challenges (vs'ing random people anywhere) or planning ahead to make everyone
    join at one time.

Even though with most games, the people in the friend list are taken at random when trying to find people to play with,
    this automated bot can help people at least get some organization while wanted to play a specific game on the
    'spur of the moment'.

The reason i am posting this is that its not actually made yet, and even though i am able to make it, it will take
    some effort to build and maintain, and i would not like to make something that wont be used. Hence i am posting
    to find out the amount of feedback that i get from this post. I am have an IRC server in mind on to which the bot
    will be used on, so hopefully it wont be a problem for other users.

If anyone has any questions or would like to post ideas concerning this, don't hesitate to reply as i am always trying
    to find ways to make this better.
  2. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Oct 30, 2006
    0_0 unfortunately you havent had any other replies...

I think this sounds like a great idea. it could even be convenient to use ircds or dso so you could find friendcodes remotely with your ds.

can't speak for everyone though, and some people don't like IRC ... [​IMG]
  3. Gilrad

Gilrad Newbie

So, it will look for all the savegame files on your DS file system, and update them with new friend codes whenever you add them from the program?

That would be incredibly awesome, you could almost make a gamespy-like program that does all the hard work for you.

I would certainly use anything that made online gaming more convenient.