Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
alg_iran_mahmoud-ahmadinejad.jpg
QUOTE said:
Iran's president has urged the UN to launch an investigation into the aims of Western military actions in Afghanistan and Iraq.
The office of Secretary General Ban ki-Moon said that it was studying the letter from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad but had no comment.
Mr Ahmadinejad asked the UN to set up a fact-finding team.
Tensions are growing over Iran's nuclear programme, and its rising anger at Washington's nuclear policy.
The fact-finding team requested by Iran's president would investigate the intentions and results of Western military action in Afghanistan and Iraq.
He said that, so far, the invasions had only victimised people in the region, and he declared that US and Nato methods of fighting terrorism had failed.
It was not immediately clear what had prompted the letter but it comes amidst rising tensions over Iran's nuclear programme, which the West fears has military aims.
That is something Tehran denies and it is pushing back as the US tries to build momentum for tightening UN sanctions.
Recently, Iran displayed new technology for enriching uranium.
It is also preparing its own nuclear disarmament conference to counter the one hosted by Washington this week.
And on Monday Iran's UN ambassador, Mohammad Khazaee, told a panel here in New York that Washington's new nuclear weapons policy was state terrorism.
US President Barack Obama made clear last week that Iran and North Korea were excluded from new limits on America's use of atomic weapons.
Iranian lawmakers responded furiously to what they saw as a threat of nuclear attack. Iran insists its own nuclear programme is for generating energy, not for building weapons.
Source

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting so sick of BBCtemp that I hope China grabs your little island and makes it so you can't surf the web anymore.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Um, there definitely should be investigation into the wars. There's definitely abuses and problems that should be seen.

Totally agree Guild. The fact that the wars were started based on fear mongering, complete lies and shady propaganda makes it warrant a proper investigation in my opinion. Bush and Blair are both guilty and should be tried accordingly. The stupidest part is that if they had said "We're doing it because Saddam is an evil dictator that tortures his people and we want to liberate them" more people would still be backing them.

QUOTE(Pliskron @ Apr 13 2010, 02:35 AM) *snip*

Not very good with your history are you. Hong Kong has been repatriated for over a decade now.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear when actual stuff is posted: "I don't want to hear about it."

That's a sad, sad, thing. Understandable, but still sad :/

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:

If you don't like this site, then why do you bother coming here? Everything I've seen from you is nothing but whining.

On topic, I say Iran's blowing it out of their asses. That said, the UN should investigate the wars. Fat load of good that'll do though, too much damage has been done. But hey, my guess is that the US is going to get nuked sooner or later, might as well pull out so we stop losing MORE people. Too many senseless deaths over there as it is.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Sooo being able to talk freely about any topic (in a user news section) is against your wishes?
you are a fucking moron.
make the most of this freedom you can, because in all likelyhood it will all be impossible in a few years through internet rules and regs to say how YOU feel.

...and people, bear in mind that the everyday Iranian is just like your next door neighbour or nan or brother...
just like us!
dont let this political bullshit cloud your judgement of others.
The polititians in our country are representative of like 10% of all voters... it is the same worldwide.
They are just normal people, wanting the best for there lives and family's.
JUST.. LIKE... US!

They want energy... just like us.
So what if they want to build a bomb... we build thousands.
So what if they want to use it... we do it daily.
What makes us so high and mighty?
NOTHING.

Posts merged

GBATEMP I LOVE YOU!

Vidboy 10 keep up the good posts and source info.
thank you.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, poor methods of fighting terrorism
rolleyes.gif

That is funny coming from a man who IS a terrorist in many people's eyes. Honestly someone needs to kill that psycho prick before it's too late. The only thing stopping terrorists though is nuclear bombs, it's sad but it's true, that is the only way you could truly wipe out almost all of the terrorist supporters in the Middle East.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
they dont seem to have any reason to make nuclear bombs since their religion doesnt permit killing innocents and the fact that they represent themselves as an Islamic state, dont think they will damage or destroy that image
Iran is mainly trying to keep ppl focused on the wars that occured or are occurring since we dont see too many reports about Iraq or Afghan in the news; its like "ppl do not forget that there are unprecedented killings occuring where innocents and good soldiers are being killed, investigate and reach to the conclusion that definitely, these wars have to stop"

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
Yeah, poor methods of fighting terrorism
rolleyes.gif

That is funny coming from a man who IS a terrorist in many people's eyes. Honestly someone needs to kill that psycho prick before it's too late. The only thing stopping terrorists though is nuclear bombs, it's sad but it's true, that is the only way you could truly wipe out almost all of the terrorist supporters in the Middle East.
The is no evidence of that.

QUOTE(shakirmoledina @ Apr 14 2010, 08:49 AM) they dont seem to have any reason to make nuclear bombs since their religion doesnt permit killing innocents and the fact that they represent themselves as an Islamic state, dont think they will damage or destroy that image
Iran is mainly trying to keep ppl focused on the wars that occured or are occurring since we dont see too many reports about Iraq or Afghan in the news; its like "ppl do not forget that there are unprecedented killings occuring where innocents and good soldiers are being killed, investigate and reach to the conclusion that definitely, these wars have to stop"
exactly, not to mention that everyone seems to fear they will nuke Israel when:
1) the fallout would cover Iran at such a close range.
2) Israel has nukes too, they would launch a counter strike.

The only reason they want nukes is to stop countries like the USA and Israel invading them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1