1. Bart Lemming

Bart Lemming Gēmu Bōi mikuro

United Kingdom
    Ignoramus alert: What's HVCA?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    HVCA. It is the "other" good NES emulator for the GBA, it has (had?) better support for FDS games, plays NSF files (I am not sure but it might be the only standalone program to do it), arguably some more mappers were supported (though most of those were the less popular/HK pirate ones) and the scaling method did better for some games (especially Final fantasy 3). Being Japanese (the Japanese homebrew, everything other homebrew scene divide was bigger then than it ever was), developed a tiny bit later in the GBA lifetime, in some ways not as easy to use (though hardly complex) and typically not bundled into flash cart programs (most flash cart programs would have build tools for emulators in them) a lot of people did not know about it. It is absolutely up there with pocketnes and I count it among the best emulators the GBA has. I would still suggest something like nesDS (love me some rewind), something on the PSP or basically anything else that is a functional NES emulator with a screen resolution at or above NES native (the GBA is not) but if you have a GBA and want to do NES games on it then it is a definite candidate for a solution to that want.
    http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/index.php?title=Hvca has links to downloads and usage.

3. Bart Lemming

Bart Lemming Gēmu Bōi mikuro

United Kingdom
    Wow. I had no idea that this existed. I'll have to give it a bash. Thanks for the info. :)

4. Nusdogg

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How do you import or convert these IPS files? My EZ Client doesn't recognize IPS files.

EDIT: NVM. Got it! Just need to figure a way to convert it to a GBA file. Goomba don't work either.

5. bradzx

bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Link is broken. Anyone have it?

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    SaveState likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Patches, Classic, Series