IPS Patch for Super Mario Bros 3

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Hareware, Sep 30, 2007.

Sep 30, 2007
  1. Hareware
    OP

Newcomer Hareware Member

Brazil
    I've been googling for hours after this patch but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where can I get it? It's the patch that fixes the "save data corrupted" problem. I want to play the game in my DS Lite.

Much appreciated.

2. Hareware
    OP

Newcomer Hareware Member

Brazil
    No one knows?

3. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
  4. Hareware
    OP

Newcomer Hareware Member

Brazil
    Thank you. The "save data corrupted" screen is still there, but now the game is playable. However, I couldn't save it. Do you know if this game is by any means "savable" or if there is no way?

Thank you again.

5. HackNeyed

Newcomer HackNeyed Member

Australia
    It might help to know what device you are using in your DSlite to play SMB3 but it sounds like, to me and my limited knowledge, that the problem is that it needs to be save patched. SMB3 uses a 'new' size save and the only tool I know of that works with SMB3 is the EZ4Client. I know the EZ4Client is for the EZ4 slot-2 card but it performs generic save patching. ... though it isn't perfect, it won't patch Chu Chu Rocket! for some odd reason.

Get the latest Ez4-Client Ready Pack
    http://ezflash.sosuke.com/about2712.html

Normally if one wants to perform a generic save patch I could also recommend a tool called GBATA but it is an older tool and doesn't patch SMB3 bu will patch Chu Chu Rocket! again, for some odd reason I am unaware of.

6. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    What about Pokemon Firered, Leafgreen, and Emerald? These also use a weird save type that no flash cart I'm aware of supports.

7. EarthBound

Member EarthBound a/s/l?

United States