Skye07

OP
Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, I got an iPod Nano 3G 8gb for little over a month now and when I tried to start it last night it didnt want to, I thought maybe it was still on lock, so I checked, it wasn't so I locked & unlocked and hit the play button again, nothing happens. I then try to connect it to my pc (maybe the battery was empty?) but it didn't switch on, and my PC didn't recognize the iPod either.

So I have no clue what happened =/ I haven't done anything special with the ipod, it just stopped working without any reason (didn't drop it, didn't modify firmware, ...).

Has anyone gotten any similar experiences with his/her ipod? Because, I mean, it's €200 and it has only been one month and it's broken already... it's the first time I bought from Apple so this isn't exactly good for getting other apple stuff in the future...

Is there any way to fix it myself? Or should I just go bring it back to the store where I bought it? If so, would they just give me a new iPod or send it to repair? I don't wanna lose all my songs >.< I use Floola so I'll need to upload all the songs I've had on it already >.<

Any suggestions?

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hold in the Menu and Center button and wait for it to reset, if that doesn't work then put it manually into disk mode using this doc -

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93651

And don't let a minor bug put you off Apple products, if we did that with Microsoft then where would they be?
happy.gif

Skye07

OP
Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks, I found the solution on the apple troubleshooter centre. Just had to reset like you said, lock > unlock > hold menu+select button for 10 seconds

It works again now
smile.gif
and I still even have all my songs on it.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, holding down the center button and Menu usually is the trick in "fixing" your iPod, if you ever experience any problems.

Just like to add that you need to make an active backup of your iPod's music (view hidden folders, go to your iPod hard drive in explorer, and copy iPod_Control to your hard drive for back up).

On more than one occasion my iPods in the past have restored themselves (deleting all files) for no apparent reason...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM