iPod Touches or iPhones?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Sora de Eclaune, Jul 27, 2011.

Jul 27, 2011
  1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    A friend recently bought me two 100% dead electronics from a flea market. They didn't come with chargers, sim cards (if they're supposed to), or any kind of packaging. They've been spray painted at least once, from what I can tell, so looking at the backs doesn't help me. The seller didn't know what they were, either. But hey, other than the obviously spray painted back (obvious because they're both WHITE originally) they look brand new.

If you can't turn them on, can't look at the back, and have no clue what they are, how are you supposed to tell if they're iPod Touch devices or iPhones?

I don't have the money to order chargers and batteries, but the friend who bought me these devices told me they're trying to find a reputable dealer for those things and will buy them so I can fix these things.

2. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    iPhones have the speaker slot for the phone (It's like a little slit above the screen). That's one dead giveaway.

3. jamesaa

Member jamesaa The Prince of Insufficient Light

United Kingdom
    Headphone socket is on the top of the iphones, bottom on the ipod touches

You cannot get white ipod touches, so that's another giveaway.

edit: typo

4. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    Okay then. Thanks. This helps. I can at least sell them on eBay now. I've already got a cell phone and don't need another.