Ipod suggestions

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Skye07, Nov 21, 2007.

Nov 21, 2007

Ipod suggestions by Skye07 at 2:49 PM (883 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Skye07
    OP

Member Skye07 GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Hey all,

I just bought an Ipod Nano 8GB today. Not using iTunes but Winamp (gah it's still buggy though =/)

Anyways, what programs should I use to convert video to ipod format for example? I got a prog from DVDVideosoft but it doesn't support batches, and i really don't want to input each episode of American Dad seperately because it takes ages >.< I've googled for some converters but they all are trials and I'm not going to spend money on those programs.

So if anyone knows or got a program that can convert video files to ipod format in batches please post here [​IMG]

Also can someone explain to me how the "contacts" thing works? And if there are any good games/apps for the ipod (for free).

Cheers,

~Skye

2. jaynjay

Newcomer jaynjay Newbie

France
    Hi,

I suggest you tu use SUPER. This is a powerful video converter with predefined presets for iPod Nano and others. It's easy to use and the most important, it's totally FREE. [​IMG]

3. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Hi, well, off course you should get:

iTunes
    podPlayer a little app that let's you play your iPod music on any computer, without iTunes, you can even copy the songs. Best thing: its freeware/donateware.
    CopyTrans an app that lets you transfer your music from your iPod to any other place, the good thing is that is also imports the song's metadata (play count, rating) and your Playlists!
    For converting videos: Videora works great!, you can even import and convert YouTube videos with it. That one is free too.

4. Skye07
    OP

Member Skye07 GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    With Winamp you can copy music from an ipod to the HDD, I prefer Winamp over iTunes, although winamp got some annoying bugs in the Ipod support >.

5. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you want really small sizes then I suggest 3GP for video. I don't remember who makes it, but it's freeware. It's not the Xilisoft. If I remember where I found it I'll let you know, but all I remember about it is it was called 3GP.

6. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    You know, 3GP is the standard for Mobile Phone Video?
    not anyone special who MAKES them , they are just a Mobile standard.

7. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Errr... well, Videora can handle a lot of possible settings on reducing space for videos. =)

8. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes, I know that, but this converter was also called 3GP. It was weird. It had a format for every device imaginable. I never figured out if it had a real name, but it's name at the top only said 3GP converter. That's all I can remember of it since it was a while ago. I remember it had a green and black logo too.