Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JetBlckHrt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally saved up enough cash, but I'm torn between two things I really want.
The Ipod classic 80gb or the Xbox 360 premium

What do you think I should get?

Keep in mind that I dont have a ps2 anymore or any other console (I do have a DS though) and I dont have an mp3 player thats worth having.

Marxian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Go for the 360. Tons of great games. Personally I would'nt touch Ipods anyway. The only thing they have going for them is their appearance. I'm sure the Ipod will become the subject of MBA case studies on how to market an inferior product and make it desirable.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Go for the 360. Tons of great games. Personally I would'nt touch Ipods anyway. The only thing they have going for them is their appearance. I'm sure the Ipod will become the subject of MBA case studies on how to market an inferior product and make it desirable.
Seconded...... my ipod drives me crazy, whereas my 360 brings me nothing but joy
lecture.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Voted for 360.

Personally I would'nt touch Ipods anyway. The only thing they have going for them is their appearance.
I have to disagree. The iPod line also has fantastic build quality (almost god-like in the new touchscreen players), and is definitely your best (only?) bet if looking for a 160Gb hdd player.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Both items are like night and day. The 360 is a fantastic gaming system (with a poor build quality, RROD anyone?) whilst the iPod is a great MP3 player. I own both products but I am equally impressed with both. I voted 360 only because it is the best gaming system on the market ATM but the iPod is great at what it does as well.

If you'd like to have the best of both worlds. Pick up a 360 and look into the Meizu which is the Japanese equivalent of the iPod. Great product IMO. GF has one and she couldn't be happier. You can get one on eBay for around 150 - 200 bucks.

mcsquared

Trophies
XP
Country
depends on what you want it for, i use my mp3 player when im at the gym, cant take a 360 there! if you spend a lot of time sat at home then get the 360, if you spend time outside doing things get an mp3 player

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would buy a normal 360, and then use the money left over to get a decent mp3 player that doesn't cost that much.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Voted for 360.

Personally I would'nt touch Ipods anyway. The only thing they have going for them is their appearance.
I have to disagree. The iPod line also has fantastic build quality (almost god-like in the new touchscreen players), and is definitely your best (only?) bet if looking for a 160Gb hdd player.

Not even close, never heard of the Archos 605? $400 for a 160GB version. A little history lesson: First company to make a PVP, first with touchscreen, first with wifi. 800x480 screen that pwns screen on every iPod out. 500mhz CPU and 128MB of ram and Qtopia (that's a linux distro btw).

Definitely do not listen to the self-confessed Apple fanboy when considering buying an iPod.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Voted for 360.

Not even close, never heard of the Archos 605? $400 for a 160GB version. A little history lesson: First company to make a PVP, first with touchscreen, first with wifi. 800x480 screen that pwns screen on every iPod out. 500mhz CPU and 128MB of ram and Qtopia (that's a linux distro btw).

Definitely do not listen to the self-confessed Apple fanboy when considering buying an iPod.

People don't like carrying bricks.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The iPod bashing is very amusing since the 360 is well known for it's "build quality".

Lol, lemme guess.....you own an ipod. I'll never buy an apple product. They are not crappy or anything. Just that they are over hyped and overpriced. You can find cheaper and better gadgets out there if you look around. Like offtopic84 said earlier about the Archos. I have one and it pwns, plus I only paid $250 for it.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The iPod bashing is very amusing since the 360 is well known for it's "build quality".

Lol, lemme guess.....you own an ipod. I'll never buy an apple product. They are not crappy or anything. Just that they are over hyped and overpriced. You can find cheaper and better gadgets out there if you look around. Like offtopic84 said earlier about the Archos. I have one and it pwns, plus I only paid $250 for it.

People who wear pants so tight that a quarter couldn't fit in the pockets and who would rather look at the device that the video playing on it. I call those people "omg-i-have-an-ipod-whats-that-piece-of-shit-you-have-whats-xvid-mine-is-sexy"

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd usually say the same thing, but at the moment Apple and Archos are the only companies making high-capacity MP3 players, and the Archos ones are a lot, lot more expensive (at least in the UK they are; £150 for a 80GB iPod compared to £170 for a 40GB Archos). The iPod classic looks like a rather good option right now.

As far as the choice goes, which one would you use more? And if you still can't decide consider getting the 360 and a dirt-cheap-and-nasty flashstick MP3 player for a year or so until you save up for an iPod again.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well you could do just like me, I have a cheap iPod Shuffle (1 GB), I only use it to listen to music when i bike to school, not to show how cool I am, and seriously what the fuck would you like to do with 80 Gigs of storage space?
And I also have an Xbox Elite, anyways if you have to choose I would choose the Xbox because you will have alot more fun of it.

gh0ul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definately get the 360, you'll get WAY more mileage on it than a portable music player... I, personally since im a cheapass, like flash drive music players since they're smaller and cheaper.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Well you could do just like me, I have a cheap iPod Shuffle (1 GB), I only use it to listen to music when i bike to school, not to show how cool I am, and seriously what the fuck would you like to do with 80 Gigs of storage space?
And I also have an Xbox Elite, anyways if you have to choose I would choose the Xbox because you will have alot more fun of it.

Some people have over a TB of Music. Just because you don't need the space, don't assume other's don't.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Some people have over a TB of Music. Just because you don't need the space, don't assume other's don't.

As a person that owns over 16000 cds / dvd compilations / sound samples(i used to DJ); I find your post to be exceptionally reasonable. I have an 80 GB Ipod and I'm always pushing the space limit cause I need to have lots of music samples that I can stream through the Line-In ports of many different sound systems.

But as for usability, I would choose a 360 over the Ipod. Because you can get a lot more out of the 360. Yeah sure, you can watch videos and listen to music portably, but you'll get a much better bang out of the 360(provided you don't get a lemon).

If you really need music, get a new shuffle or save up more for a nano.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr