ipod nano 4G

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by tinymonkeyt, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2008

ipod nano 4G by tinymonkeyt at 1:25 AM (1,086 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. tinymonkeyt
    OP

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    anyone know if this is good?
    its like 150$ US
    and im looking to buy my first mp3 :]

and if its not good, what other mp3s do you guys recommend me?
    i want it be able to play videos, and music of course.
    games might be a nice bonus too

2. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    you could just save up for a classic. $100 more for 116 GB more.

3. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Fork it for an iTouch or forget about games
    I'd say forget about games on mp3 players completely, because I like tactile keys

4. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Only retards would buy the new nano, or the classic. I'd rather get the Cowon D2 over the Nano, and Zune 80 over the classic. The new ipods are still overpriced, and not worth it. Of course, the Ipod Touch has improved and is cheaper, so, it's finally worth getting in my book.

Save some money, and get an Ipod Touch. Much more features, wifi, and actually useful for watching videos.

If you don't want to spend a few more bucks for a Ipod Touch, then I can recommend a lot of NON ipod products that are cheap, but gets the job a lot better.

Here's a few things I should know before recommending.

1. Your budget?
    2. How much memory do you want?
    3. Can you order online?

Rockbox firmware has a few good games to kill time.....

5. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    I'd save up for the touch if you want some awesome crap (only $100 more for more awesomeness and same amount of space)

6. tinymonkeyt
    OP

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    1. like around 200$. my mom most likely wont let me spend more.
    2. i really dont need that much. i already think 4GB is pretty enough for me
    3. yes..and no. parents only let me order if its a trusted site

7. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    If you liked the look of the third gen Ipod nano, there's the Sansa Fuze, which is a bit smaller than the 3rd gen Ipod Nano. It has a 1.9 inch screen, 24 hours of battery, and it's easy to find them under 110 dollars. I personally like the Sansa products for having the "bang for the buck". They're available almost anywhere, Bestbuy, or any other electronic store. You can probably get them cheaper off of internet sites. It does everything the Ipod Nano does.

If you would like to have one of the best Mp3 players around, there's the Cowon D2. It's mainly more known as the audiophile player, and was extremely popular in Korea. It's only available on online stores, but it has massive amount of features. It uses a touch screen, so it's either a hate or like thing. It has a massive 53 hour battery life for music(Cnet lab results) 2.5 inch screen, and what they call the BBE Jet effects, which lets you customize how you like the sound of your music. It's like a EQ, but imo, better. The drawback of this, is that it's thick, compared to those thin players out there. Take some time to look into the player. It's also a bit on the expensive side, but still cheaper than the new Ipods. This one may be overwhelming, but if you want to take a risk, I can recommend some sites that can help you get used to it, and know it's capabilities better. I'll find a list of sites that sells them, since they don't sell them in NA stores.

A Sony walkman NWZ A820 is also a good choice. A good screen, lots of features, good sound quality, good battery (Not as good as the one above), and lots of other good things. A bit expensive, but still good. Portable, and a decent sized screen for watching videos.

You can also get a Refurbished previous gen Ipod Touch at a cheap price on the apple site........ The Ipod touch, and the Iphone are the only Ipods worth getting. If you want good portable Internet, Ipod touch is the best choice......

8. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    If newegg counts as a trusted site, then you could get a CowenD2 from there or some other site. I just see Cowen D2 recommended a lot, but there are the people who say get the iPod. Then the people who know iPods are terrible say something about another MP3 player and it turns into a war.

9. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
  10. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.