IPOD HELP!!1!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by modshroom128, Sep 19, 2007.

Sep 19, 2007

IPOD HELP!!1! by modshroom128 at 3:43 AM (1,159 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. modshroom128
    OP

Member modshroom128 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i tried formating my ipod, but then i clicked cancel halfway through (deleting an important bootfile or somethin)

now the ipod just starts up and shuts down... starts up and shuts down... i cant do shit with it... i cant even get it to read on my comp... and its not stopping HELP!!1!

2. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Format: destroys every file on the ipod

Cancelling format: damaging the memory, because now half of the memory is in like 32K clusters and another half is in 64K or w/e or maybe even a different filesystem

If you didn't want "important bootfile" deleted, why did you format in the first place?

3. modshroom128
    OP

United States
    it was a mistake...

now what im planing on doing is opening up the ipod video, manualy removing the 30 gig hd... and put the damaged bootfile on there using a USB to SATA cable...
    its alot of effort... but that shit would work right?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lkAAIbtrxM0

4. zi70410

Member zi70410 GBAtemp Regular

try the apple store

5. modshroom128
    OP

United States
  6. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Can I assume you've been through the Five R's (specifically the last one?)

7. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
  8. modshroom128
    OP

United States
    well my computer cant recognize an ipod that turns on and off after the apple logo has been up on the screen... i cant do shit with it... i cant even see anything on my comp when i plug it in... and i cant shut it down... and i cant lock it... it just turns on and off...

i need some feedback on my "manualy transfering files to hd using usb to sata cable idea"

edit: shit, all i need to no is how can i format my ipods lil toshiba hard drive without plugging it into the computer using the ipod connecter cable...

9. mthrnite

United States
    Sorry, can't help you with the sata thing. I'm wondering though, what it does if you do a hard reset. Does the reset key combo do anything at all? I seem to remember the same thing happening on my 1st gen, ages ago.. but I can't remember if I just let the battery die, or did a reset/diagnostic, or if maybe I just dreamt it.

Anyway, good luck with it.

10. modshroom128
    OP

United States
    OMFG I LOVE U DISK MODE WORKED ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG11!!11!!!!!!!1!

I NEED TO COMEMORATE YOU SOME HOW MTHRNITE I LUB U I TOTLY LOVEZ JU!!1!!!!1!!11!
    IF I COULD I WOULD BANG YOU IN A TOTALY HETERO WAY! I LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JU!1!!!!!!!!1!11!!11FREGINONE!!!1!
    [​IMG]

(but seriously mthrnite, you saved me my ipod... i was so frusturated with it that i was going to throw it away [​IMG] )

11. mthrnite

United States
    lol... I just hated to see you go through all that crap with bustin' it apart and goofin' with the drive. Glad it worked!

..oh, and about that hetero thing.. I'm free tomorrow after five. I'll be the only guy in the park wearing rubber hip-boots... can't miss me. [​IMG]

12. modshroom128
    OP

United States
    super duper.