modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
i tried formating my ipod, but then i clicked cancel halfway through (deleting an important bootfile or somethin)

now the ipod just starts up and shuts down... starts up and shuts down... i cant do shit with it... i cant even get it to read on my comp... and its not stopping HELP!!1!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format: destroys every file on the ipod

Cancelling format: damaging the memory, because now half of the memory is in like 32K clusters and another half is in 64K or w/e or maybe even a different filesystem

If you didn't want "important bootfile" deleted, why did you format in the first place?

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Format: destroys every file on the ipod

Cancelling format: damaging the memory, because now half of the memory is in like 32K clusters and another half is in 64K or w/e or maybe even a different filesystem

If you didn't want "important bootfile" deleted, why did you format in the first place?
it was a mistake...

now what im planing on doing is opening up the ipod video, manualy removing the 30 gig hd... and put the damaged bootfile on there using a USB to SATA cable...
its alot of effort... but that shit would work right?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lkAAIbtrxM0

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You notice that his ipod wasn't working at the begining
laugh.gif

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Can I assume you've been through the Five R's (specifically the last one?)
well my computer cant recognize an ipod that turns on and off after the apple logo has been up on the screen... i cant do shit with it... i cant even see anything on my comp when i plug it in... and i cant shut it down... and i cant lock it... it just turns on and off...

i need some feedback on my "manualy transfering files to hd using usb to sata cable idea"

edit: shit, all i need to no is how can i format my ipods lil toshiba hard drive without plugging it into the computer using the ipod connecter cable...

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, can't help you with the sata thing. I'm wondering though, what it does if you do a hard reset. Does the reset key combo do anything at all? I seem to remember the same thing happening on my 1st gen, ages ago.. but I can't remember if I just let the battery die, or did a reset/diagnostic, or if maybe I just dreamt it.

Anyway, good luck with it.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, can't help you with the sata thing. I'm wondering though, what it does if you do a hard reset. Does the reset key combo do anything at all? I seem to remember the same thing happening on my 1st gen, ages ago.. but I can't remember if I just let the battery die, or did a reset/diagnostic, or if maybe I just dreamt it.

Anyway, good luck with it.
OMFG I LOVE U DISK MODE WORKED ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG11!!11!!!!!!!1!

I NEED TO COMEMORATE YOU SOME HOW MTHRNITE I LUB U I TOTLY LOVEZ JU!!1!!!!1!!11!
IF I COULD I WOULD BANG YOU IN A TOTALY HETERO WAY! I LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JUI LUB JU I LUB JU I LUB JU!1!!!!!!!!1!11!!11FREGINONE!!!1!
Untitled-1.jpg

(but seriously mthrnite, you saved me my ipod... i was so frusturated with it that i was going to throw it away
dry.gif
)

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
lol... I just hated to see you go through all that crap with bustin' it apart and goofin' with the drive. Glad it worked!

..oh, and about that hetero thing.. I'm free tomorrow after five. I'll be the only guy in the park wearing rubber hip-boots... can't miss me.
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...