iPod HDD Converter

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been given a broken ipod mini it has a lovely 4 gig solid state flash block inside it, I want to use this for portable storage.

I have manged to find one site which sells an IDE version but I would like a usb version without having to get a 2nd converter to plug onto the IDE.

This is what I have found:
http://www.ipodmods.com/shop/2125-mini-ide-cable.html

Who can find at least a UK version of that for me because the is only American shipping for that.

My dream:

To put the flash memory block into a match box and have the usb cable coming on the top.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I right in thinking it's a Compactflash (CF) card? In which case a CF card reader on a USB cable is probably about the closest you're going to get.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have been given a broken ipod mini it has a lovely 4 gig solid state flash block inside it, I want to use this for portable storage.Â

I have manged to find one site which sells an IDE version but I would like a usb version without having to get a 2nd converter to plug onto the IDE.Â

This is what I have found:
http://www.ipodmods.com/shop/2125-mini-ide-cable.html

Who can find at least a UK version of that for me because the is only American shipping for that.

My dream:

To put the flash memory block into a match box and have the usb cable coming on the top.
It's not solid state. The first solid state iPod was the Shuffle. The first with a screen was the nano. The iPod mini uses a 4/6GB Hitachi/Seagate/Toshiba HDD @ 4200 RPM.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have one like that. It's called a Microdrive. The format is Compact Flash Type 2. Any USB CF reader should be able to read it.

Also, you can use it in the GBAMP CF and M3 CF
happy.gif
(if you modify the casing)
Sucks the battery like crazy, but hey! 4GB!
happy.gif

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh interesting thanks for the info guys, its been through a spin cycle in a washing machine I think it has survived it though. It has a ribbon cable coming off it onto a connect is that defiantly CF?

crudeipodbq0.png
|
Along the lines of that

and..

step4b_300.gif

Looks like this accept mine is seagate

It would very very handy if I could use it with CF can anybody give me some good links to some readers?

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the waste of time reading that guys I just found out after taking the black tape of mine that was put on in the manufacturing process it reveled that the ribbon cable was connected via pins and was detachable thus meaning that I have this now:

p3s.jpg

accept 4GB model

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1