iplayer/supercard GBAemu Game_config.txt improvement project

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by wolfmanz51, Aug 16, 2010.

  1. wolfmanz51
    OP

    Member wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2008
    Messages:
    427
    Location:
    Somewhere in cali
    Country:
    United States
    SO im working on improving the game_config.txt for the iplayer gba emu. By editing the txt and using VBA or NO$gba data to find idle loops that cause major slowdown or worse, i can improve speed and compatibility. Im looking to find some help in my endeavor any help would be appreciated just send me a pm or reply to this post if you can help. So far im just studying which loops are the worst. you can find them in VBA's or NO$gba's disassembler listed as addresses like BCC, BLT, BEQ, etc..

    well I fixed some games that were not saving right, corrected a typo that stopped super mario advance (U) from getting a speed boost and added support for a few that had not previously worked like Robopon (U) (both ring and cross) and Aladdin enjoy

    download latest game_config.txt
     
  2. wolfmanz51
    OP

    Member wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2008
    Messages:
    427
    Location:
    Somewhere in cali
    Country:
    United States
    just a quick update on the game config txt speaking with neb I've got these details
     
  3. Normmatt

    Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2004
    Messages:
    2,135
    Country:
    New Zealand
    You do know all of the options are explained at the top of the game_config.txt file
     
  4. wolfmanz51
    OP

    Member wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2008
    Messages:
    427
    Location:
    Somewhere in cali
    Country:
    United States
    yeah so what! (seriously though now i feel kinda stupid) lol your the programing master you fix it
     
  5. Nebuleon

    Member Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2012
    Messages:
    900
    Country:
    Canada
    https://github.com/Nebuleon/TempGBA/issues/3 "Problems with pokemon leafgreen" may be caused by a problem in game_config.txt. oxenh may be doing some testing for this after a suggested solution; you could also try. I don't know if Fire Red has the same problem.
     
  6. Nebuleon

    Member Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2012
    Messages:
    900
    Country:
    Canada
    Golden Sun, worldwide version, game code AGSE, experiences a crash of the emulated GBA (not the entire emulator) at certain points in the game where the game asks a question answerable by Yes and No.

    I presume it has to do with one or more of the 3 translation_gate entries being wrong, because deleting game_config.txt fixes the problem.

    Here's a saved state in TempGBA beta 8 (1.0e) format that you can use to reproduce and narrow down the problem. Name it ROMNAME_1.rts and put it in /TEMPGBA/SAVES on your card. Turn down the volume on your DS, load #1 and you'll get to the overworld early in the game, next to a non-player character. Press A to talk to him; the game should present you a choice between Yes and No. Wait between 20 and 300 frames (1/3 to 5 seconds) without answering the question and you should experience a GBA crash with sound glitching.
     

    Attached Files:

  7. Aeter

    Member Aeter A walking contradiction

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2009
    Messages:
    935
    Location:
    The lands of nether
    Country:
    Netherlands
    I've merged the TempGBA game_config along with official version 1.3 and another version form Am-rA which contained a lot of EU game fixes.
    Here's the new version.
    Should I add it to the current Filetrip entry as v1.4 or does it require testing first?
     

    Attached Files:

  8. Nebuleon

    Member Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2012
    Messages:
    900
    Country:
    Canada
    I'd say you can just go ahead and add it to Filetrip, then link it on the TempGBA thread. I would then copy the link to the OP and say "and download Aeter's merged v1.4 game_config.txt" in the lead paragraph.
     
  9. Aeter

    Member Aeter A walking contradiction

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2009
    Messages:
    935
    Location:
    The lands of nether
    Country:
    Netherlands
    Yeah I was about to do that, but didn't have wifi the last few days on my laptop.
    I'll do this right away and post a link in the TempGBA thread.
     
  10. Nebuleon

    Member Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2012
    Messages:
    900
    Country:
    Canada
    An issue with Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku (U) requires an addition to game_config.txt: https://github.com/Nebuleon/TempGBA/issues/23

    Code:
    # Dragon Ball Z - The Legacy of Goku II (U)
    game_name = DBZLGCYGOKU2
    game_code = ALFE
    vender_code = 70
    save_type = eeprom
     
  11. Nebuleon

    Member Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2012
    Messages:
    900
    Country:
    Canada
    Perhaps some more Euro/US versions of Japanese games would benefit from being added.

    Someone who has these Euro/US versions could generate new game_config.txt sections for them, given the values shown in /Tools/Debugging/ROM information. They're already in the game_config format.
     

Share This Page