iplayer/supercard GBAemu Game_config.txt improvement project

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by wolfmanz51, Aug 16, 2010.

1. wolfmanz51
    OP

wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

Nov 24, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere in cali
    SO im working on improving the game_config.txt for the iplayer gba emu. By editing the txt and using VBA or NO$gba data to find idle loops that cause major slowdown or worse, i can improve speed and compatibility. Im looking to find some help in my endeavor any help would be appreciated just send me a pm or reply to this post if you can help. So far im just studying which loops are the worst. you can find them in VBA's or NO$gba's disassembler listed as addresses like BCC, BLT, BEQ, etc..

well I fixed some games that were not saving right, corrected a typo that stopped super mario advance (U) from getting a speed boost and added support for a few that had not previously worked like Robopon (U) (both ring and cross) and Aladdin enjoy

download latest game_config.txt

2. wolfmanz51
    OP

Nov 24, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere in cali
    just a quick update on the game config txt speaking with neb I've got these details

3. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    You do know all of the options are explained at the top of the game_config.txt file

4. wolfmanz51
    OP

Nov 24, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere in cali
    yeah so what! (seriously though now i feel kinda stupid) lol your the programing master you fix it

5. Nebuleon

Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

Dec 22, 2012
    Canada
    https://github.com/Nebuleon/TempGBA/issues/3 "Problems with pokemon leafgreen" may be caused by a problem in game_config.txt. oxenh may be doing some testing for this after a suggested solution; you could also try. I don't know if Fire Red has the same problem.

6. Nebuleon

Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

Dec 22, 2012
    Canada
    Golden Sun, worldwide version, game code AGSE, experiences a crash of the emulated GBA (not the entire emulator) at certain points in the game where the game asks a question answerable by Yes and No.

I presume it has to do with one or more of the 3 translation_gate entries being wrong, because deleting game_config.txt fixes the problem.

Here's a saved state in TempGBA beta 8 (1.0e) format that you can use to reproduce and narrow down the problem. Name it ROMNAME_1.rts and put it in /TEMPGBA/SAVES on your card. Turn down the volume on your DS, load #1 and you'll get to the overworld early in the game, next to a non-player character. Press A to talk to him; the game should present you a choice between Yes and No. Wait between 20 and 300 frames (1/3 to 5 seconds) without answering the question and you should experience a GBA crash with sound glitching.

Attached Files:

7. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Apr 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    The lands of nether
    I've merged the TempGBA game_config along with official version 1.3 and another version form Am-rA which contained a lot of EU game fixes.
    Here's the new version.
    Should I add it to the current Filetrip entry as v1.4 or does it require testing first?

Attached Files:

8. Nebuleon

Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

Dec 22, 2012
    Canada
    I'd say you can just go ahead and add it to Filetrip, then link it on the TempGBA thread. I would then copy the link to the OP and say "and download Aeter's merged v1.4 game_config.txt" in the lead paragraph.

9. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Apr 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    The lands of nether
    Yeah I was about to do that, but didn't have wifi the last few days on my laptop.
    I'll do this right away and post a link in the TempGBA thread.

10. Nebuleon

Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

Dec 22, 2012
    Canada
    An issue with Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku (U) requires an addition to game_config.txt: https://github.com/Nebuleon/TempGBA/issues/23

Code:
    # Dragon Ball Z - The Legacy of Goku II (U)
    game_name = DBZLGCYGOKU2
    game_code = ALFE
    vender_code = 70
    save_type = eeprom

11. Nebuleon

Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

Dec 22, 2012
    Canada
    Perhaps some more Euro/US versions of Japanese games would benefit from being added.

Someone who has these Euro/US versions could generate new game_config.txt sections for them, given the values shown in /Tools/Debugging/ROM information. They're already in the game_config format.