Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the wait guys, the M3i Zero took priority
wink.gif

here's the iPlayer Review! Text and pics for now, video coming tonight or tomorrow night.

http://flashcartreviews.com/iplayer-review

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure, but there's no way for it to receive power in order to update, like the scdsonei and m3i zero...

unless it can update through being run on a DS/DSlite, I don't think it can be updated...and I don't think the headers/firmware can be updated while it's running (not sure about this). If it could be though, I would think the m3 team or SC team would have offered that as an alternative method to flash...

oh, and I do these reviews entirely on my iphone during lecture lol!
smileipb2.png
except for the video of course (sometimes I even take the pictures in class rofl)

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it could boot into a homebrew application that loads entirely into RAM, which then just gives the card the power needed to update...but in the case it's blocked on the DSi, that'd have to be done on a DSL or DSPhat. 'cause I'm pretty sure all these cables do is just supply the card with power.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Good review although I still have doubts on buying this cart for it doesn't have, i say, new feature other than playing different video formats.. I will wait and see if there will be any new updates on iplayer that would make it worth buying.. and also, the threat that it might get block by NDSi system upgrade soon made me think of purchasing it..

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it'd be more worth the buy if it could play commercial roms but i guess they're trying be legit like the GnM did.
if commercial rom support is hacked for it it'll probably start selling more that and or homebrew that uses the iplayer specific hardware.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the thing is, if somebody does, in fact, hack it and give it commercial ROM support, all they have to do is just deny all ties to the people who made it. After all, it's not like people are going after Nintendo because people can hack the DS or Wii. Overall, I think it'd really just be a win-win situation if somebody gave the iPlayer the ability to load games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls