Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500x_game_center_support.jpg
Apple's Game Center app, the social gaming software that adds friends lists, matchmaking, and unified multiplayer gaming, arrives this week with the release of iOS 4.1. Now the bad news: not every iPhone and iPod touch will support it.

Apple notes, on its newly launched Game Center page, that owners of the original iPhone, iPod touch and the iPhone 3G will be left out of the matchmaking, achievement gathering and friends list perusing party. Game Center officially supports these devices only.

iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPod touch 2nd generation
iPod touch 3rd generation
iPod touch 4th generation

That's not too surprising, given the rise in apps that no longer support the iPhone 3G. The device is more than two years old, after all, positively ancient in Apple Years. The persistent Game Center app likely doesn't play well with the more meager RAM stuffed into the iPhone 3G and its predecessor. Still, sucks for us iPhone 3G owners who'd like to whore for Angry Birds achievements.

Game Center support for the iPad will launch later this year with the release of iOS 4.2.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source (Kotaku)

good thing I don't care about this in the slightest

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
Apple notes, on its newly launched Game Center page, that owners of the original iPhone, iPod touch and the iPhone 3G will be left out of the matchmaking
translation: either upgrade to our newest, most expensive iphone to use this or GTFO!
tongue.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't the iPod Touch 2nd Gen an iPhone 3G without the phone? If it can run on that, why can't it run on an iPhone 3G? Maybe it has something to do with the constant internet connection.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ImperialX said:
Don't underestimate iPhone 4's potential as a game machine. It has by far the most powerful hardware amongst all portables right now.
No buttons, no sale.

DS was underpowered, look what happened to that.

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ImperialX said:
Scott-105 said:
It supports my iPhone 4 (obviously.) I don't really care for it though.

Don't underestimate iPhone 4's potential as a game machine. It has by far the most powerful hardware amongst all portables right now.

Try it out for yourself, I'd like to see a PSP come close to this.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/epic-citadel/id388888815?mt=8
Here's a youtube video of the game if anyone cares.

Also I lol'ed at this comment
"Deaddude57
5 days ago 7 I like how this game's graphics are better than every Wii game's."

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ImperialX said:
Scott-105 said:

Mate, you've been brainwashed by Jobs.

Do some research, my samsung galaxy S has a better GPU than the IP4. The IP4 has the same PowerVR SGX 535 as the 3GS apparantly, wheras my SGS has a PowerVR SGX 540 capable of something like 4x as many polygons.

Also,
Gaydrian said:
QUOTE(ImperialX @ Sep 8 2010, 09:17 AM)
No buttons, no sale.

DS was underpowered, look what happened to that.
True. I wouldn't say theres no market, but it'll never be as comprehensive as a real portable i.e. the DS. And playing games without buttons is a bit restricted.

Also, large 3D environments aren't a comprehensive test of graphical power at all.. That game reminds me of myst (if anyone remembers), a pretty old game runnable on low spec pcs. The reason the environments can look so good is because it's a slow/no action game. I've seen almost as good tech demos on the DS.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OSW said:
ImperialX said:
Scott-105 said:

Mate, you've been brainwashed by Jobs.

or he works for him
laugh.gif

ImperialX

Trophies
XP
Country
lol, there's no point hating on me. I'm on a Nintendo forums because I own a DS and a Wii, OK? I'm just trying to say the iPhone 4 is an awesome machine, what's wrong with that?

Gaydrian said:
No buttons, no sale.

iPhone 4 no sale? Are you kidding me? xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: