OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

So I would like to start off by saying I purchased this from a friend who got it in this. I have messed with it for the whole day and I have had no success so if I'm tired and upset. I thought it would be an easy fix. Here is what I did so far.

iPhone 3GS
-tethered jailbroken (I am assuming because iREB didn't work)
-On 4.2.1 firmware (I tried other custom firmwares and my iTunes prevented it)
-latest iTunes
-might be on higher baseband because every way I tried didn't work

Now onto the stuff I tried.

1) I tried restoring normally. I got 1015 error.
2) Downloaded 4.2.1 custon firmware
3) Downloaded iREB
4) First I tried kicking it off then I put it in DFU mode
5) I held shit+restore and tried the custom firmware but it was a failure. I now got 1604 error code.
6) Got redsn0w and official 4.2.1 firmware but redsn0w didn't read it. It only read custom firmware.
7) So far I have pwned DFU modded the iPhone now I tried restoring again and I got 1604 error code yet again.

PLEASE HELP ME!

I thought this would be an easy fix and I would get lucky on this iPhone. I bought it for 40 bucks and it is supposedly unlocked as well. I plan on getting a bunch of those free text apps so I don't plan on taking advantage of its unlock.

HELP WOULD BE GREAT!

THANKS IN ADVANCED!

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe I tried that. I held power and home button. It did nothing. It clearly needs restoring but thanks for trying to help.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You see that is somewhat the same thing as iREB. I am trying it and I doubt I will get any better results. I tried to exit out so far but that made it reboot basically and I tried fixing and that did nothing. Now I am trying to restore through iTunes again.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This happened to me yesterday, here is how I fixed it

- Download Sn0wbreeze
- Get the cfw for ur iphone from felixbrun's website
- Use that through Sn0wbreeze and it will give u a ipsw file with ur iphone and version of firmware
- Use that file that sn0wbreeze's gives u and do it though iTunes
-> On a PC use hold shift + restore and choose the ipsw that Sn0wbreeze gave u
-> On a mac its alt + restore

Worked for me
smile.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my understanding that jailbreak is legal but download ios are illegal, correct ? If it is illegal then why did they dump their own ios and share for people who dont want to buy it but download it is still illegal? I don't understand.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
FlashX007 said:
sn0wbreeze won't read the cfw I got. I got 4.2.1. I also tried 4.1. Also tried official firmware.

forget sn0wbreez get tinyumbrella then open it and press kick out of recovery

@RockanForte i've never heard of downloading IOS are illegal except if you download a dev build of a IOS that is a GM.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've tried tinyumbrella dude I am in the 1015 error code loop here it won't help! I also have 1604 error code even if I solve the 1015. I am still trying sn0wbreeze if only I can get it to read a cfw. Why is it me who gets these problems. Hate having to see and hear how easy it is from everybody when I have been trying everything.

Sorry a bit frustrated.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean after your iphone is jailbreak and cydia and things like that then you are able to download ios from torrent or something.. Its illegal right ?

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't use sn0wbreeze it won't read cfw 4.2.1 I am really sick and tired of this crap now I think this iPhone just hates me. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! v_v V_V

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
FlashX007 said:
I can't use sn0wbreeze it won't read cfw 4.2.1 I am really sick and tired of this crap now I think this iPhone just hates me. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! v_v V_V

put your phone on the itunes + usb cable logo (turn off iphone, then whilst holding home plug the usb cable to the computer, then restore.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope. Fuck me. Fuck me. Fuck me. This is fucking bullshit I quit. I am going to sell this to whoever gets lucky in fixing it or get my friend to fix it. Fuck me though I wasted 2 days and the help I got was what I already knew. Thanks alot everybody.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
I mean after your iphone is jailbreak and cydia and things like that then you are able to download ios from torrent or something.. Its illegal right ?

Care to answer this one for the last time ? Thanks.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
iOS is copyrighted software. Anybody distributing it without Apple's consent is breaking copyright. I try to keep a copy of all the firmwares I download from Apple in case I ever want to downgrade.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
RockmanForte said:
RockmanForte said:

Care to answer this one for the last time ? Thanks.
this has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, why not create a separate thread for an answer to this rather than posting several times after your off-topic post was ignored?

dalimartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: