iPhone OS 4.0 even confirmed on April 8th!

Hardkaare

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Yes folks -- the world is turning upside down.
Apple has announced an iPhone OS 4 event on April 8th at 10AM PT for a "sneak peek of the next generation of iPhone OS software." So if you're wondering about the future of the platform... your answers will appear sooner than you think. The team collectively dropped an "OMG" when we saw this news, as it's pretty unusual to see such a big event coming from Apple right on the heels of something like the iPad launch. Of course we'll be there -- at Apple's Infinite Loop campus in Cupertino -- live and direct, providing the liveblogging coverage you know and love.

Source

Can't wait til April 8th!
biggrin.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
TM2-Megatron said:
Only Apple could make an "event" out of a software update on a phone
rolleyes.gif

I assume these updates are paid? Otherwise I just can't see why Apple would be making a big deal out of it.
Updates don't require money. That would be pretty low of Apple to do that.

Also, I'm hoping for a new look, even after having my iPod Touch for about 2 weeks (I think it's been that long..) I've already got bored of the look.
Maybe some new apps from Apple?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prowler485 said:
TM2-Megatron said:
rolleyes.gif

I assume these updates are paid? Otherwise I just can't see why Apple would be making a big deal out of it.

Also, I'm hoping for a new look, even after having my iPod Touch for about 2 weeks (I think it's been that long..) I've already got bored of the look.
Update do require money. It was $10 dollars to update from 2.2.1 to 3.1. Not I think its $5 dollars. There is always a way to do it for free though.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Jakob95 said:
Update do require money. It was $10 dollars to update from 2.2.1 to 3.1. Not I think its $5 dollars. There is always a way to do it for free though.
Really?
unsure.gif

I was assuming because other iPod's had free updates.

dry.gif
low apple is low.

Hardkaare

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
Prowler485 said:
TM2-Megatron said:
rolleyes.gif

If i remember correct they only charge you for upgrading the iPod Touch,

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Prowler485 said:
TM2-Megatron said:
rolleyes.gif

4.0 will most likely be paid for iPod Touch users and free for iPhone users like last time, i'm expecting some sort of multi-tasking features but nothing too excessive, and for springboard, there are loads of modifications on Cydia that completely change the look of it

LUGiA

Trophies
XP
Country
I have never had to pay to update my iPod Touch (iTunes seems to download and install updates for free) even though the apple site says you do need to pay.

also the info above doesn't mean the update will be released on the 8th for public...

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Coolo said:
I have never had to pay to update my iPod Touch (iTunes seems to download and install updates for free) even though the apple site says you do need to pay.

also the info above doesn't mean the update will be released on the 8th for public...
Yep, most likely some kind of new hardware announcement will come with this (iPhone 4G anyone?) and we will have to wait until then, probably June or July

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you only have to pay for each number for example from 2.1.2 to 3.0 cost money ( for touch users ) but then updates like 3.0 to 3.0.1 was free and all other 3.x.x revisions are free. Iphone users always get the updates for free it is one of the phones selling points and so the Iphone users should get 4.0 for free aswell but I can't tell the future

LUGiA

Trophies
XP
Country
I brought my ipod touch when the firmware was 2.1 has never charged me

itunes just tell me there is an update available and asked me if i want to download and install it i say yes and the program does it auto.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't even use 3.x in Linux yet... I'm not really excited for this. Updates become more and more minor. From 1.1.4 to 2.0 was a huge step forward, and 2.x to 3.0 was alright. I don't know what they want to add really... I'd rather see some really good games, like the iPad has.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
xcdjy said:
Prowler485 said:
TM2-Megatron said:
rolleyes.gif

Jailbreak... get as many looks as you want!

Can't. MC 3.2.3 2G model
frown.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, iPad came out less then a week ago and ALREADY iPhone/iPod/iPad OS 4.0 alreayd being released >.> *Hadrian voice*WHERES MY FUCKING 3.1.3 JAILBREAK!!!!*Hadrian voice*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."