iPhone or G1?

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
G1 has a real keyboard, which is a great plus if you email, no having to use a stupid useless on screen keyboard.

once rooted (which is really easy to do) you can mess around with custom firmwares and things like tethering via wifi or bluetooth. (yes, which means you can connect to the net with your ds anywhere if you really want to)

it has a lot of good free apps too.

if you have any more specific questions, just ask.

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own an original iPhone and my coworker has a G1. I personally like mine better. He switched from an iPhone to a G1 cause he switched companies. He stated he wishes he could have stayed with the iPhone though.

Just $.02

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
G1 has a real keyboard, which is a great plus if you email, no having to use a stupid useless on screen keyboard.

once rooted (which is really easy to do) you can mess around with custom firmwares and things like tethering via wifi or bluetooth. (yes, which means you can connect to the net with your ds anywhere if you really want to)

it has a lot of good free apps too.

if you have any more specific questions, just ask.
Wow, that interests me. DS wifi anywhere huh? I'm sold. I'll get a G1.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't really see the point in the iPhone either. To me it all depends on what you want a phone to do, and neither seem like they're full of necessities.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've been using the iphone since it came out and very happy with it.

i never used the g1 or windows mobile phone so dont have an opinion about them.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kamui said:
Haha, good one.
Well dont tell me you dont like Windows Phone's either...
Windows has phones?
blink.gif

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iPhone user since 3G. Love it, I get all my email, txt, IMing, music and phone calls in one device. The only think that's dragging down my exp is AT&T. . .Worst fucking carrier EVER!

I would stay away from the G1 just because it's crap hardware wise to run Android (see freezing/Hanging problems). Wait for the hardware revision when it comes out this year. But if you're looking to get one now, pick up the new 3GS model or the $99 3G iPhone model.

You should also look into a Palm Pre if you're a QWERTY person

Edit: (iPhone) If you got fat thumbs or index fingers you might want to test drive the onscreen keyboard at a store. Cause that will cause some problems by pressing the wrong key while typing. Worst case you still get one and you type with your pinky finger.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got an iPhone and I have to say that I am really happy with it. The whole interface is really well made and very intuitive. And if you care for doing jailbreak you can have a really great variety of apps (like taking videos and things like that...). But the G1 looks very good as well. I guess there isn`t such a big difference... Both great devices!

I would recommend to watch walkthroughs of both phones and then to decide
wink.gif

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
I got an iPhone and I have to say that I am really happy with it. The whole interface is really well made and very intuitive. And if you care for doing jailbreak you can have a really great variety of apps (like taking videos and things like that...). But the G1 looks very good as well. I guess there isn`t such a big difference... Both great devices!

I would recommend to watch walkthroughs of both phones and then to decide
wink.gif

That would be the APP store. No other smart phone offers anything like it to get new applications.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: