Emulation iPhone GBA emulator?

Mikomaxless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been hearing things about a GBA emulator out for the iPhone. I've found the actual program, but in terms of installation, I have no clue how to get started.

If anyone knows of a guide, or is willing to give me a basic explanation, I'd be very appreciative.

Mikomaxless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, what if I'm so bad with this stuff, I can't even figure out how to get to the applications area of the iPhone? When I go to my devices, it just brings up the camera photos of the iPhone. I can't figure out how to put files on and off my iPhone other than using iTunes, and I can't seem to put any video files or whatnot from there, without buying them straight from iTunes.

Mikomaxless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I lied. I decided to look up jailbreak. Apparently, according to the developer, Jailbreak doesn't work with the latest firmware. I used ZiPhone to get an installer.app.

I can now download a GBA emulator, but how am I supposed to make a rom directory on my phone? I'm still unable to actually put files onto my iPhone, all it did was to add the installer.app.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you'd be better off at the gpSPhone forums as I doubt too many people here are very knowledgeable about the iPhone.

Also, the SNES emulator is out, not just "in the works," though my understanding is that not all games are fullspeed yet. It uses the snesadvance.dat speedhacks, and I've tried posting the newest version to help speed up more games but nobody's bothered to test it, so I gave up.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
When you say latest firmware, you'd be referring to 1.1.4? Cause I'm running jailbroken 1.1.4 through iLiberty and winpwn (tried them both, works great). Never EVER use ZiPhone. iLiberty is so much easier and safer.

As for gpsPhone, it works great but you'd be better off getting a GBM and a flash cart if thats an option. its so hard to use a d-pad on a touchscreen =\

If you have any iPhone questions, PM me
wink.gif

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute...maybe you'd ought to start by first reading the INSTRUCTION MANUAL for the iPhone itself and take a bit of time to familiarize yourself with the functions and capabilities of the iPhone itself, before you go and try fancy-smancy hacking of the software.

If you dont have the books then head to the official site, I'm sure there is a forum or a text/adobe document around for users convenience. If there really isn't any way to read the official instructions on line, then call apple and speak to a rep.

Spend a couple days reading guides on the different iPhone apps on various forums. Use Google and Yahoo! Search to look for some respectable ones. Once you understand the basics of use of the iPhone and the various apps/hacks for said software, then I'm sure you will find it far easier to get anything you want on your phone. Good luck, and happy reading
smile.gif

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hay guys, bringing this back from the deeeed!

I've just started using gpsPhone & its pretty good. I think I have version 2.5 or something but the mother3 translation work really well on it, no slowdown.

Anybody else using this on thier iphone/ipod??

What games are worth playing bearing in mind that GBA sucks with a "touchscreen D-pad"??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain