IPhone Disadvantages

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Hiratai, Oct 9, 2007.

Oct 9, 2007

IPhone Disadvantages by Hiratai at 1:07 AM (2,957 Views / 0 Likes) 43 replies

1. Hiratai
    OP

Banned Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

United States
    Please don't say "Can't text message", cuz I can successfully do that on my friend's iPhone. Also, please don't ask me questions about why I would ask. I'm asking because in a couple of weeks, I plan to pick one up witht he Family Plan, for me and my mom.

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Price.

3. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    you could always google it.

4. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia

If you're rich it's worth getting. If you're pretty poor like me you'd wait till it comes down in price

5. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    It's pretty big. Though I haven't seen one in person.

6. Pigwooly

Member Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The iPhone is locked to the AT&T carrier, which aside from being limiting is immoral since AT&T has fought against net neutrality.

Basically they want to charge you different rates for your internet access based on how fast it is (like they currently do) and then again charge everyone who hosts websites for the speed at which their website can operate.

The way it would work is that even if you have a high-speed internet connection, when you go to GBAtemp, or any other relatively small site, it will effectively be dial up speed to you because GBAtemp never payed the premium fee to AT&T. Worse it would effectively destroy small businesses and political speech online because nobody would bother going to the slow websites when they could go to the fast mega-websites instead. Despicable!

7. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    It's small actually ^ go to any Apple store and you can see what its like. And 400$ isn't that expensive considering so many more phones are more than 600$

8. TheWintergreen

Newcomer TheWintergreen Newbie

United States
    From an owner:

-Most headphones not designed for iPhone do not work without an adapter.
    -No integrated IM, and so if you're without reach of a wireless network, loading the page on safari takes forever.
    -Impossible (I would assume for all but the most hardcore) to text/type without looking at the screen
    -Camera isn't too great
    -No video recording
    -Buggy, buggy OS, still exits out of apps consistently.
    -No open source software without a hack
    -Voice quality isn't the greatest
    -Tilt sensor isn't too great, sometimes annoying as you try to retain an angle
    -Terrible, just terrible standard ringtones with the exception of a few decent ones
    -PDA-like functions are not up to par. No office, mediocre note system, no copy and paste capability.
    -Fairly small memory
    -Very little in ways of customization right now
    -No games at the moment

Some that can be rectified in future updates, and hopefully will.

That said, I really do enjoy my iPhone, and if you want a cellphone, and have some money, then it is definitely the way to go right now.

Also, be sure to update to the latest firmware, it is much more enjoyable, useful, and accessible then the stock firmware.

Edit: @seja_8
    Believe me, it is not big. It is honestly the most comfortable portable device I have ever held. It fits around the contours of your hand amazing.

9. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Just get the nokia n95...best phone money can buy.

10. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    -edit- I meant big compared to the iTouch lol sorry

11. jinqui242

Newcomer jinqui242 Advanced Member

United States
    I was going to get one, but the price is too much for what you get right now, and I don't like AT&T. I'll wait a couple of years. The revisions are always better.

Right now I'm using the orange LG ENV with Verizon. Works great.

12. jtroye32

Member jtroye32 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    found this:

1. At $599, it is ridiculously expensive. (Add in the cost of an AT&T contract and you get close to $1500)

2. Those who want to buy one must sell their soul to evil mega-corporation AT&T.

3. Japan already has technologically superior phones, and they’re far cheaper.

4. Slower internet than the commercials show: “The data experience is going to be very slow. If you’re on a cellular network, [using the Internet] is going to be very slow.”

5. Initial reports indicate that YouTube is slow and crappy using cellular network internet/EDGE. It’s nothing like in the commercials.

6. You cannot remove its battery. Thanks for replicating one of the biggest complaints about the ipod, Apple!

7. The glass touch screen of the iPhone guarantees that thousands of customers who drop their phones will have cracked screens.

8. The touchscreen keyboard sucks, according to those who have used the phone.

9. It can’t send MMS picture messages.

10. The camera has little or no options, and the pictures it takes aren’t very good.

11. It lacks proper support for Flash websites. So much for the internet.

12. It can’t record video.

13. “Pinching” pictures to zoom might look neat in commercials, but many reviewers are saying it actually sucks.

14. It lacks 3G high-speed data transfer.

15. No songs as ringtones.

16. No GPS.

17. It doesn’t work under 64-bit Windows XP / Windows Vista!!!!!!! Thanks for not including that in your Windows System Requirements, Apple!

18. It only allows for a maximum of 1 picture to be attached to each e-mail you send.

19. It doesn’t have a file browser/organizer.

20. Its default ringtones suck.

21. You can not save documents on it: documents can only be viewed as attachments when they’re sent to your e-mail address.

22. No games!!

23. Its “quick list” dialing sucks compared to traditional speed dialing, which it lacks..

24. Long activation waits: many new iPhone users are reporting that they are being told to wait hours or even days to activate service for their phone. Thanks, AT&T!

25. Heat issues: the iPhone can get very hot when it is in use.
    26. Deceptive Ads: Apple has been using models with gigantic hands in their advertisements for the iPhone in an effort to trick consumers into believing it is more compact.

27. Many of the positive press reports about the iPhone are influenced by newspapers and TV networks that simply want to profit from the hypefest, or even worse, reporters who are looking to sell books about the iPhone.

28. It creates incredibly annoying iPhone fanboys.

13. cubin'

Australia

$400 is fucking expensive no matter how you look at it. Unless you're really rich.

I have a $60 mobile phone [​IMG]

jtroye32 - is that from iphonesux.com or something?

14. jtroye32

Member jtroye32 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    something that wasn't on there was that it doesn't have stereo bluetooth.

15. zombielove

Member zombielove GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    After using far superior Japanese phones, there's no way I could justify spending that much on an iPhone. My friend bought the cheapest phone he could find in Japan and it still kicks the iPhone's ass. *sigh* Why can't the rest of the world have cool phones?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: maddox.xmission.com/iphone

16. theorgan

Member theorgan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    1. you are a hipster piece of trash if you have an iphone.

17. cubin'

Australia
    japan suckz (lol)

edit: nuh it's alright just very overrated. Nokia are the best phones I've used.

omg 666. I'm the devil bitchez [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. iffy525

Member iffy525 not famous

United States
    ^ [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ^^^^^^
    666 post!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. TheWintergreen

Newcomer TheWintergreen Newbie

United States
    To explain these:

20. Hiratai
    OP

Banned Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

United States
    I've decided to stop listening to you. You're recent posts clearly show that you are 12.