iPhone 7 vs Oneplus 3

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am thinking about reselling my Oneplus 3 (after the Display Replacement) and then buying an iPhone 7....
Is the Upgrade worth it ?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i don't think that's an upgrade
an upgrade would be from getting a samsung or something else that uses the android os and is better than the one plus..
you are changing from one thing into a different thing...
as for if it's worth or not.. apple devices got their pros, but the one plus is a really good specked android phone and android has a bunch of pros...

why do you want an iphone over your current phone?

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why do you want an iphone over your current phone?
the W1 Chip from my Beats X would work now,Apple Music is on the iPhone better (my Dad pays for it) and there is a huge Eco System that Android doesn't have...(and you get the Updates a lot faster).

Reactions: migles

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that would be a bad idea, mainly because (atleast for what I use/need) Android offers much more. The OnePlus 3 is an excellent phone in almost every way. One of my favorite things about the phone is Dash Charge, which has pretty much removed my worry for running out of battery life. (You already have the OP3 so I assume you know what it does.) The OnePlus3 has some things that the iPhone 7 doesn't, mainly 6GB of ram, the headphone jack, and the ability to use custom roms/mods. If you're looking to upgrade your current phone, I would buy the OnePlus 3T or wait until the OnePlus 5. OnePlus's phones (imo) are better than Samsung's because they're cheaper, preform better, have almost none of the bloat, and OnePlus devices are very developer friendly, if you're into that kind of thing.

Reactions: RyDog

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
iPhones = Outdated hardware, Limited Software, Poor Interface.
Android Phones = Latest hardware (Depends on Phone), Fully Unlimited Software (You can do what you want), Great Interface (Especially on 7.1.1 Nougat).

Overall, an Android phone in my Opinion is far better. Also, may I recommend a Nexus 6/6P ... or MotoX?

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
You really shouldn't ask on the forums because everyone is going to dump on iPhone.
Personally, I say go with the iPhone
Well, opinions are opinions. But, he should take whichever strikes his interest. I never really liked iPhones or iOS for that matter.

Reactions: Magical Sheep

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that would be a bad idea, mainly because (atleast for what I use/need) Android offers much more. The OnePlus 3 is an excellent phone in almost every way. One of my favorite things about the phone is Dash Charge, which has pretty much removed my worry for running out of battery life. (You already have the OP3 so I assume you know what it does.) The OnePlus3 has some things that the iPhone 7 doesn't, mainly 6GB of ram, the headphone jack, and the ability to use custom roms/mods. If you're looking to upgrade your current phone, I would buy the OnePlus 3T or wait until the OnePlus 5. OnePlus's phones (imo) are better than Samsung's because they're cheaper, preform better, have almost none of the bloat, and OnePlus devices are very developer friendly, if you're into that kind of thing.
Samsung phones have more gadgets than the OnePlus series however.
-It has the Gyroscope for AR (augmented reality)
-Fingerprint sensor (I think OnePlus has this one though)
-Heart rate sensor
-Pedometer
-Barometer (because why not?)
-IR Blaster (removed from S7)
-KNOX security
Exclusively runs the Exynos CPU, which proves to be an extremely fast CPU that usually can be overclocked to outperform most phones.
Ultra AMOLED display
Water, dirt, dust, repellent

The disadvantages I see that come with Samsung though can be:
-Bloatware
-Slow updates
-TouchWiz (poor RAM management)
~Kinda hard to root/flash custom ROMs due to Samsung not releasing kernel sources.

But the disadvantages can be negated when developers work hard to root the phone and build a custom ROM.

Now don't quote me because I'm too lazy to fact check, but this was gathered as me being a Samsung Galaxy S6 owner, and kinda why I turned down other amazing phones like the Moto X Pure, OnePlus 3, and a few others.

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Samsung phones have more gadgets than the OnePlus series however.
-It has the Gyroscope for AR (augmented reality)
-Fingerprint sensor (I think OnePlus has this one though)
-Heart rate sensor
-Pedometer
-Barometer (because why not?)
-IR Blaster (removed from S7)
-KNOX security
Exclusively runs the Exynos CPU, which proves to be an extremely fast CPU that usually can be overclocked to outperform most phones.
Ultra AMOLED display
Water, dirt, dust, repellent

The disadvantages I see that come with Samsung though can be:
-Bloatware
-Slow updates
-TouchWiz (poor RAM management)
~Kinda hard to root/flash custom ROMs due to Samsung not releasing kernel sources.

But the disadvantages can be negated when developers work hard to root the phone and build a custom ROM.

Now don't quote me because I'm too lazy to fact check, but this was gathered as me being a Samsung Galaxy S6 owner, and kinda why I turned down other amazing phones like the Moto X Pure, OnePlus 3, and a few others.
Cough Nexus Devices + Stock Android = No Bloatware Cough

Still, TouchWiz and Samsung devices are okay~ But, they get looked down upon by iPhone users, because they think they've got the world in their hands.
That's why I am a Nexus user.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) no? The A10 Fusion beats recent Qualcomm offerings by a fair margin, especially in the single-core department (Qualcomm and other Android SoC makers have a tendency to put big numbers and more cores over actual performance).
2) If by limited you mean "walled garden", restricted etc. I agree (and it's why I don't/won't own an iPhone myself as I'm a tinkerer). Otherwise, it's not limited by any means and I consider the iOS multi-tasking approach, usage of native code over a virtual machine etc. better suited for mobile devices
3) The aesthetics are subjective, I like both UI styles personally.

If you're not satisfied with the OP3 (which offers a stock Android experience, top notch hardware etc.) and you don't care about tinkering/modding try iOS imo.

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, opinions are opinions. But, he should take whichever strikes his interest. I never really liked iPhones or iOS for that matter.
Yeah, but there is a massive collective of hate on iPhones on the forums to the point where even suggesting an iPhone is often attacked.
I personally love my iPhone, I went from years of using Android to an iPhone.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
@Crystal the Glaceon

Just ignore posts like that. Usually they come from 12 years old who's daddy wouldn't buy or trust them an iPhone so they get a Samsung or Lg :lol:

OT
Bought an iPhone never looked back. I still have to carry Samsung trash because it's companies phone though. Galaxy s7 absolute piece of shit that I wouldn't give to my greatest enemy

I did try one 3 and it's wonderful. Their UI reminds me of htc a bit, which is good. Hard to say which but I prefer iOS.
I'd take a look at the new Xperia too if I were you

Last edited by fatsquirrel,

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
1) no? The A10 Fusion beats recent Qualcomm offerings by a fair margin, especially in the single-core department (Qualcomm and other Android SoC makers have a tendency to put big numbers and more cores over actual performance).
2) If by limited you mean "walled garden", restricted etc. I agree (and it's why I don't/won't own an iPhone myself as I'm a tinkerer). Otherwise, it's not limited by any means and I consider the iOS multi-tasking approach, usage of native code over a virtual machine etc. better suited for moile devices
3) The aesthetics are subjective, I like both UI styles personally.

If you're not satisfied with the OP3 (which offers a stock Android experience, top notch hardware etc.) and you don't care about tinkering/modding try iOS imo.
The A10 is powerful, I will agree. But, there are some phones that come with a equal or close to that performance. The Nexus 6, or even Galaxy S3/4 hold up to this very day. Look at the iPhone 4/5; they're slowly being left in the dust. But, those two mentioned Android phones receive either Custom ROM updates or OEM updates. IE the Nexus line-up. Android is more open, but that's what I like about it. Also, the aesthetics and build quality of iPhones is quite good, but some phones beat it by a mile. Also, stock Android (Or sometimes refereed to as Vanilla) is far better than any other ROM (IE TouchWiz), but some custom ROMS are rather good. Also, the UI style of iOS is nice, but not very convenient in my opinion~ and yes, I have used iOS before, it's not to hard to learn, but just not my taste.

Yeah, but there is a massive collective of hate on iPhones on the forums to the point where even suggesting an iPhone is often attacked.
I personally love my iPhone, I went from years of using Android to an iPhone.

True, if you like iPhone, that's fine with me. I'm not trying to shoot them down, nor hate on them. iPhone has it's place upon fans, but I don't see it as a dominant product. Apple is slowly ruining the Product, ever since Steve died; and you can't deny it. iPhone is slowly dieing.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the hardware outdated? The hardware is specifically built to work on a iPhone so it's both efficient and uses it's power accordingly.
Unlike most phone manufacturers, who just usually purchase their hardware from Qualcomm, so the phone won't be that optimized to run accordingly.
Cough Nexus Devices + Stock Android = No Bloatware Cough
No, Nexus Devices don't offer the gadgets that Samsung offers.
Stock Android is really the best for User Experience, but it's neat to have a TV remote in my pocket that doubles as a hear rate sensor and can make phone calls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.