Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shenjiade.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Oh, my, god.

As the date draws closer to the Apple Convetion that will take place somewhere in early June, I'm wondering, does anyone here care a much as I do?

Personally I have never own any Apple products but IPhone really makes me orgasmic.
wacko.gif

Anyone intending to get the 2nd Gen of IPhone when it's out? Discuss!

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Nah imo iphones and iphones etc. are just overpriced and overrated fashion things. So i'm not probably going to get 2ngd gen iphones.
biggrin.gif

chinese ipod/iphone clones ftw

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iPhones are just overrated and overpriced as mentioned TaMs. In fact, probably almost all Apple products are the same way (just my opinion from being with people with iPods, Macbooks, and Macbook Pros).

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I was a bit sceptical when ordering my iPod touch, but after a few days, I freakin' love it. Wouldn't buy this-gen iPhone though. Too expensive, too thick. My 6120 Classic still outperforms it.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Overprized and Nokia is going to bring out a new phone with LINUX os and touchscreen.
Also Google is currently making their own OPEN SOURCE!!!! linux based Mobil OS (it can handle touchscreens.
wink.gif
) and first phones for it are coming out late this year.
smile.gif

Can't wait.

Oh and Macbooks are pretty cheap!!
but Ipods and stuff are just overprized.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominik93 said:
Overprized and Nokia is going to bring out a new phone with LINUX os and touchscreen.
Also Google is currently making their own OPEN SOURCE!!!! linux based Mobil OS (it can handle touchscreens.
wink.gif
smile.gif

Can't wait.

exactly.
iphone was the first of the 'nest gen' phones. LG, samsung, sony etc all have touch phones now. i think it will take google or nokia to create iphone killer

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want 3G, get it.

If not, no point.

Its as simple as that.

Sidenote: Is it not possible that we can have a single thread about the iPhone without anti-Apple zealots swarming in from the streets who feel their purpose in life is to inform every single person that everything that isn't a Mac product is better than anything that is?

Newsflash: Nobody cares what you think.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
If you want 3G, get it.

If not, no point.

Its as simple as that.

Sidenote: Is it not possible that we can have a single thread about the iPhone without anti-Apple zealots swarming in from the streets who feel their purpose in life is to inform every single person that everything that isn't a Mac product is better than anything that is?

Newsflash: Nobody cares what you think.

Urza, I don't know why people are pissed off at you, I find that all your posts are good.

@ontopic
Seriously, Apple is a regular company just like Microsoft and many others. They make products. Those products are destined for consumers. Does Apple and Microsoft think that they are destined for EVERYONE? No. Get over it. Each machine is made for a different person, or else there would just be 1 computer in the world that everyone would have. Some people, like me, prefer the products made by Apple for this and that reason, others prefer products that were made by others, also for this and that reason.

Sheesh >.>

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow some people here either hate apple or have never actually owned an iphone and jailbroke it!

the standard iphone is shite, end of

but after jailbreaking and unlocking, for £169 you get a phone, an excellent 8GB MP3 player (better than the mp3 player on a nokia n95 or SE w850i or any walkman phone btw) and a great homebrew community

I myself hate apple products like ipods and macs and macbook airs etc as they are overpriced and dont offer much better things than their rivals

but the iphone is just great IMO

you can get really cool apps and games on it that make the most of the touchscreen, acceloremeter and wifi connectivity

its just an awesome bit of kit

for all people that hate the iphone please get one and try it out

although i still think the nokia N95 is the best phone ever now that tomtom works with the internal GPS

as for the topic, i heard that there aint gonna be major changes, prob 3G support and GPS support but hopefully they upgrade the camera and then il prob end up buying one (if they jailbreak/unlock it)

yus786

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Dominik93 said:
wink.gif
smile.gif

Can't wait.

I stopped reading there
tongue.gif

But yes, talked a bit with a few other tempers and I decided I'm not going to wait. I'm just going to jump on 1st Gen or not at all. The extra features are a bit too much for me. If I lost my iPhone, I'd have lost everything =\

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting one as soon as they come out. I was out at a small carnival the other day when I made the decision. I needed a camera, and my phone has one but it's crap. There was my iPod Touch, I carry it with me everywhere and use it as a PIM, addresses, notes, entertainment, email, browsing, etc. It has no camera though. I ended up taking crappy pics of my sons having a great time, and I haven't even downloaded them from the phone yet because it's a pain in the butt to do.

With the iPhone, I'll always have a camera, a phone, a PIM, and an easy way to interface all that with my computer (an iMac) all in one tidy package.

If I didn't use a Mac, I might consider something else, everybody and their brother is trying to top them now, but since I use Macs, it's the course of least resistance to get an iPhone. I know I'll love it based on how much I use my Touch. I really can't wait.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Five people in my family have iPhones
ohmy.gif

Personally, I think they're nice. They've got a camera, web browser (not the best, but it works), touch screen, MP3, Video, and of course it's a phone. It's like everything you need to keep entertained and connected - great. My only concern will be the price. It's got a lot crammed into it, bringing up the price...but that's a ridiculous price to pay for a phone ($400, $500...)'
If they give it a fair price, I'll probably save my earnings ups and grab one. Like you mthrnite, I've got a Mac, and it would play along perfectly with my iPhone (for uploading and adding media). I really see no reason anyone would dislike an iPhone, other than the fact they're expensive (I guess you do get what you pay for, though).

iPhone 2nd Gen are gonna rock!

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Macbook, love it.
I have an ipod nano G3, love it, although it's something I don't necessarily need.
I don't have an iPhone, phones aren't important to me.
Yes, they are expensive and extensive, but they're also a little bit overkill, most of the features ARE practical, but they're just as conveniently accessed by other means too. I wont bad talk it, but I wont defend it either, because it's just not important too me.

I WILL DEFEND MACBOOKS AND IPODS THOUGH, they rock the socks of my ***k. Now excuse me while I boot into Windows XP and do some windows work.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JPH said:
Five people in my family have iPhones
ohmy.gif

Personally, I think they're nice. They've got a camera, web browser (not the best, but it works), touch screen, MP3, Video, and of course it's a phone. It's like everything you need to keep entertained and connected - great. My only concern will be the price. It's got a lot crammed into it, bringing up the price...but that's a ridiculous price to pay for a phone ($400, $500...)'
If they give it a fair price, I'll probably save my earnings ups and grab one. Like you mthrnite, I've got a Mac, and it would play along perfectly with my iPhone (for uploading and adding media). I really see no reason anyone would dislike an iPhone, other than the fact they're expensive (I guess you do get what you pay for, though).

iPhone 2nd Gen are gonna rock!
It works great for something that fits so easily in your pocket.

And I was about to reply to this thread earlier with a crapload of text, but I changed my mind so I will just give the gist of it.

I want an iPhone and almost bought one, but now I'm waiting on the next gen version to be released to decide what I'm going to do. I will get one eventually... it's just a matter of when.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll buy one with a higher res screen and the ability to playback unconverted files (from straight vob to xvid to h264 at DVD res). 3rd Gen then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1